- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Classics in the Country music event Aug. 24 in Beloit
Summer breezes, the fragrance of flowers, and the melody of flowing water accompany musicians of every age at an unusual and exciting event: Classics in the Country. The Friends of Beckman Mill will host this musical experience on Sunday, Aug. 24.This open-air performance is held on the grounds of Beckman Mill Park, on South County Road H, west of Beloit, Wisconsin.
A popular debut event for the mill last summer, Classics in the Country returns to once again feature the delightful Turtle Creek Chamber Orchestra. This concert promises a wonderful blend of classical and contemporary pieces. . The orchestra consists of musicians from the Beloit-Janesville Symphony Orchestra, Rock Prairie Chamber Orchestra, Milwaukee Symphonia, and Rockford Symphony, with seasoned and young musicians of the region presenting a professional performance.
“While typical orchestra tickets are expensive, you may attend this event for only a free will donation,” said Friends of Beckman Mill (FBM) representative Sheri Disrud. “Last year donations averaged around $10 or $15, a bargain for a performance of this nature.”
Popcorn, soda, and water will be available for purchase, along with a raffle and door prizes. The mill and museum open at 1 p.m. The concert begins at 3 p.m.