- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Classics in the Country music event Aug. 24 in Beloit
Summer breezes, the fragrance of flowers, and the melody of flowing water accompany musicians of every age at an unusual and exciting event: Classics in the Country. The Friends of Beckman Mill will host this musical experience on Sunday, Aug. 24.This open-air performance is held on the grounds of Beckman Mill Park, on South County Road H, west of Beloit, Wisconsin.
A popular debut event for the mill last summer, Classics in the Country returns to once again feature the delightful Turtle Creek Chamber Orchestra. This concert promises a wonderful blend of classical and contemporary pieces. . The orchestra consists of musicians from the Beloit-Janesville Symphony Orchestra, Rock Prairie Chamber Orchestra, Milwaukee Symphonia, and Rockford Symphony, with seasoned and young musicians of the region presenting a professional performance.
“While typical orchestra tickets are expensive, you may attend this event for only a free will donation,” said Friends of Beckman Mill (FBM) representative Sheri Disrud. “Last year donations averaged around $10 or $15, a bargain for a performance of this nature.”
Popcorn, soda, and water will be available for purchase, along with a raffle and door prizes. The mill and museum open at 1 p.m. The concert begins at 3 p.m.