- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Classics in the Country music event Aug. 24 in Beloit
Summer breezes, the fragrance of flowers, and the melody of flowing water accompany musicians of every age at an unusual and exciting event: Classics in the Country. The Friends of Beckman Mill will host this musical experience on Sunday, Aug. 24.This open-air performance is held on the grounds of Beckman Mill Park, on South County Road H, west of Beloit, Wisconsin.
A popular debut event for the mill last summer, Classics in the Country returns to once again feature the delightful Turtle Creek Chamber Orchestra. This concert promises a wonderful blend of classical and contemporary pieces. . The orchestra consists of musicians from the Beloit-Janesville Symphony Orchestra, Rock Prairie Chamber Orchestra, Milwaukee Symphonia, and Rockford Symphony, with seasoned and young musicians of the region presenting a professional performance.
“While typical orchestra tickets are expensive, you may attend this event for only a free will donation,” said Friends of Beckman Mill (FBM) representative Sheri Disrud. “Last year donations averaged around $10 or $15, a bargain for a performance of this nature.”
Popcorn, soda, and water will be available for purchase, along with a raffle and door prizes. The mill and museum open at 1 p.m. The concert begins at 3 p.m.