- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Classics in the Country music event Aug. 24 in Beloit
Summer breezes, the fragrance of flowers, and the melody of flowing water accompany musicians of every age at an unusual and exciting event: Classics in the Country. The Friends of Beckman Mill will host this musical experience on Sunday, Aug. 24.This open-air performance is held on the grounds of Beckman Mill Park, on South County Road H, west of Beloit, Wisconsin.
A popular debut event for the mill last summer, Classics in the Country returns to once again feature the delightful Turtle Creek Chamber Orchestra. This concert promises a wonderful blend of classical and contemporary pieces. . The orchestra consists of musicians from the Beloit-Janesville Symphony Orchestra, Rock Prairie Chamber Orchestra, Milwaukee Symphonia, and Rockford Symphony, with seasoned and young musicians of the region presenting a professional performance.
“While typical orchestra tickets are expensive, you may attend this event for only a free will donation,” said Friends of Beckman Mill (FBM) representative Sheri Disrud. “Last year donations averaged around $10 or $15, a bargain for a performance of this nature.”
Popcorn, soda, and water will be available for purchase, along with a raffle and door prizes. The mill and museum open at 1 p.m. The concert begins at 3 p.m.