- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Classics in the Country music event Aug. 24 in Beloit
Summer breezes, the fragrance of flowers, and the melody of flowing water accompany musicians of every age at an unusual and exciting event: Classics in the Country. The Friends of Beckman Mill will host this musical experience on Sunday, Aug. 24.This open-air performance is held on the grounds of Beckman Mill Park, on South County Road H, west of Beloit, Wisconsin.
A popular debut event for the mill last summer, Classics in the Country returns to once again feature the delightful Turtle Creek Chamber Orchestra. This concert promises a wonderful blend of classical and contemporary pieces. . The orchestra consists of musicians from the Beloit-Janesville Symphony Orchestra, Rock Prairie Chamber Orchestra, Milwaukee Symphonia, and Rockford Symphony, with seasoned and young musicians of the region presenting a professional performance.
“While typical orchestra tickets are expensive, you may attend this event for only a free will donation,” said Friends of Beckman Mill (FBM) representative Sheri Disrud. “Last year donations averaged around $10 or $15, a bargain for a performance of this nature.”
Popcorn, soda, and water will be available for purchase, along with a raffle and door prizes. The mill and museum open at 1 p.m. The concert begins at 3 p.m.