- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Four arrested for burglary
Four Rockford men are behind bars after being arrested on burglary charges on the city’s west side Wednesday, Aug. 20.
Around noon Wednesday, Rockford Police responded to a burglary in progress at the old Church School, 1419 Blaisdell St. The caller advised that a green pickup occupied by two black males and two white males was at the scene and that the men had entered the building. Officers responded and located a green Chevrolet pickup parked on the west side of the school. One male was detained in the parking lot.
Officers set up a perimeter around the exterior of the building and requested assistance of the Rockford Park District K-9 unit for the search of the building. A search was conducted and the three other men were found hiding on the second floor.
Police say the suspects were stealing scrap metal from the school and loading it into the truck.
Arrested at the scene were Norman Breedlove, 22; William Breedlove, 20; Dezmond Wilkerson, 21; and Edward Mendez, 19. Each has been charged with burglary and is being held without bond in the Winnebago County Jail.