- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Four arrested for burglary
Four Rockford men are behind bars after being arrested on burglary charges on the city’s west side Wednesday, Aug. 20.
Around noon Wednesday, Rockford Police responded to a burglary in progress at the old Church School, 1419 Blaisdell St. The caller advised that a green pickup occupied by two black males and two white males was at the scene and that the men had entered the building. Officers responded and located a green Chevrolet pickup parked on the west side of the school. One male was detained in the parking lot.
Officers set up a perimeter around the exterior of the building and requested assistance of the Rockford Park District K-9 unit for the search of the building. A search was conducted and the three other men were found hiding on the second floor.
Police say the suspects were stealing scrap metal from the school and loading it into the truck.
Arrested at the scene were Norman Breedlove, 22; William Breedlove, 20; Dezmond Wilkerson, 21; and Edward Mendez, 19. Each has been charged with burglary and is being held without bond in the Winnebago County Jail.