- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Four arrested for burglary
Four Rockford men are behind bars after being arrested on burglary charges on the city’s west side Wednesday, Aug. 20.
Around noon Wednesday, Rockford Police responded to a burglary in progress at the old Church School, 1419 Blaisdell St. The caller advised that a green pickup occupied by two black males and two white males was at the scene and that the men had entered the building. Officers responded and located a green Chevrolet pickup parked on the west side of the school. One male was detained in the parking lot.
Officers set up a perimeter around the exterior of the building and requested assistance of the Rockford Park District K-9 unit for the search of the building. A search was conducted and the three other men were found hiding on the second floor.
Police say the suspects were stealing scrap metal from the school and loading it into the truck.
Arrested at the scene were Norman Breedlove, 22; William Breedlove, 20; Dezmond Wilkerson, 21; and Edward Mendez, 19. Each has been charged with burglary and is being held without bond in the Winnebago County Jail.