- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Joe Jencks featured at Spring Creek UCC Aug. 30
Joe Jencks, a celebrated musician, songwriter and educator with an international audience, is coming to Rockford at 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 30, as part of the Spring Creek UCC Concerts on the Creek series.
Ron Olesko, of WFDU, describes Joe as “… the type of musician that will cause you to drop that morning newspaper or pull your car to the side of the road when you hear his songs.”
Jenck’s touring schedule brings him to prestigious venues such as Carnegie Hall and the Lincoln Center, but he also draws energy from smaller, more intimate venues. He is the recipient of numerous awards, and his performances and recordings garner critical acclaim and enthusiastic audience responses.
Jencks makes his home in Chicago, and his family lived in Rockford during part of his youth. Consequently, his Aug. 30 performance will be a homecoming.
Admission is free for the Aug. 30 concert, although audience members will have an opportunity to make donations to Jencks and to purchase his CDs and merchandise.
Concerts have been well attended, and listeners are encouraged to arrive early to ensure a seat in the comfortable, acoustically excellent auditorium. Doors open at 6 p.m. Refreshments, including Mama Mia’s Pizza, are available. The auditorium is on the northeast corner of Alpine and Spring Creek roads, with parking lot access from Spring Brook Road. Additional information may be obtained at www.springcreekucc.org or (815) 979-1949.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014