- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Joe Jencks featured at Spring Creek UCC Aug. 30
Joe Jencks, a celebrated musician, songwriter and educator with an international audience, is coming to Rockford at 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 30, as part of the Spring Creek UCC Concerts on the Creek series.
Ron Olesko, of WFDU, describes Joe as “… the type of musician that will cause you to drop that morning newspaper or pull your car to the side of the road when you hear his songs.”
Jenck’s touring schedule brings him to prestigious venues such as Carnegie Hall and the Lincoln Center, but he also draws energy from smaller, more intimate venues. He is the recipient of numerous awards, and his performances and recordings garner critical acclaim and enthusiastic audience responses.
Jencks makes his home in Chicago, and his family lived in Rockford during part of his youth. Consequently, his Aug. 30 performance will be a homecoming.
Admission is free for the Aug. 30 concert, although audience members will have an opportunity to make donations to Jencks and to purchase his CDs and merchandise.
Concerts have been well attended, and listeners are encouraged to arrive early to ensure a seat in the comfortable, acoustically excellent auditorium. Doors open at 6 p.m. Refreshments, including Mama Mia’s Pizza, are available. The auditorium is on the northeast corner of Alpine and Spring Creek roads, with parking lot access from Spring Brook Road. Additional information may be obtained at www.springcreekucc.org or (815) 979-1949.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014