- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
Nominees sought for ‘Spirit of Caring Award’; Sept. 5 deadline
Celebrate the Crusader Community Health’s “Spirit of Caring” by honoring a special person or organization who exhibits kindness and concern for others in the community. Nominations are sought for individuals or organizations who have demonstrated outstanding efforts in caring for others. This is a special opportunity to recognize the efforts of those who “make a difference.”
New this year is the Spirit of the Future Award, honoring people who are younger than 40, givers of time, talent and/or treasure. Four people and one organization will receive the Spirit of Caring Award as part of Crusader’s 42nd Anniversary Event, “An Evening of Caring,” which will be Friday, Oct. 17, at Giovanni’s Restaurant & Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road.
To submit a nomination, identify the individual or organization being nominating and how they have helped others. Provide a description of the nominee’s exceptional contribution to the community, including impact as a leader; how the community has benefited and/or length and depth of the service commitment (not to exceed two pages). Include your name, telephone number and address, along with the name and address of the nominee. Crusader will recognize these nominees at the annual benefit fund-raiser Oct. 17.
All entries must be received by Friday, Sept. 5. Mail to “Spirit of Caring,” Crusader Community Health, 1200 W. State St., Rockford, IL 61102, or fax to (815) 490-1823 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Crusader’s website, www.crusaderhealth.org, and go to News & Events, click on information about Crusader’s 42nd Anniversary Event, and download a “Spirit of Caring Awards” form.
For more information, contact Marty Cormany, Crusader Community Health Foundation administrative assistant, at (815) 490-1620.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014