- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Park District’s fall season group horse riding lessons begin Sept. 2
Registration is under way for fall season group horse riding lessons at Rockford Park District’s Lockwood Park and Trailside Equestrian Centre.
Lesson programs are offered for various skill levels for riders ages 7 through adult, including the following:
• For children ages 3-6, the “My Little Pony” program provides an introductory riding experience, with a four-week session Sept. 8-29, for $65 ($70 non-resident);
• For ages 7 and older, “Saddle Up” basic skills lessons run Sept. 8-29, for the fee of $100 ($110 non-resident); and
• For ages 7 and older, Level 2 and Level 3 programs begin the week of Sept. 2, for $100 ($110 non-resident).
These programs and lessons usually fill quickly, so early registration is encouraged. Fee assistance may be available for qualifying Park District youth and those with disabilities; an installment payment plan is also offered.
Information about support for riders with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800. Register at least one week in advance, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (credit card only), or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
Semi-private and private lessons are also offered. More about Lockwood Park programs, Saturday activities, and group and birthday party options can be found at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014