- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Park District’s fall season group horse riding lessons begin Sept. 2
Registration is under way for fall season group horse riding lessons at Rockford Park District’s Lockwood Park and Trailside Equestrian Centre.
Lesson programs are offered for various skill levels for riders ages 7 through adult, including the following:
• For children ages 3-6, the “My Little Pony” program provides an introductory riding experience, with a four-week session Sept. 8-29, for $65 ($70 non-resident);
• For ages 7 and older, “Saddle Up” basic skills lessons run Sept. 8-29, for the fee of $100 ($110 non-resident); and
• For ages 7 and older, Level 2 and Level 3 programs begin the week of Sept. 2, for $100 ($110 non-resident).
These programs and lessons usually fill quickly, so early registration is encouraged. Fee assistance may be available for qualifying Park District youth and those with disabilities; an installment payment plan is also offered.
Information about support for riders with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800. Register at least one week in advance, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (credit card only), or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
Semi-private and private lessons are also offered. More about Lockwood Park programs, Saturday activities, and group and birthday party options can be found at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014