- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Park District’s fall season group horse riding lessons begin Sept. 2
Registration is under way for fall season group horse riding lessons at Rockford Park District’s Lockwood Park and Trailside Equestrian Centre.
Lesson programs are offered for various skill levels for riders ages 7 through adult, including the following:
• For children ages 3-6, the “My Little Pony” program provides an introductory riding experience, with a four-week session Sept. 8-29, for $65 ($70 non-resident);
• For ages 7 and older, “Saddle Up” basic skills lessons run Sept. 8-29, for the fee of $100 ($110 non-resident); and
• For ages 7 and older, Level 2 and Level 3 programs begin the week of Sept. 2, for $100 ($110 non-resident).
These programs and lessons usually fill quickly, so early registration is encouraged. Fee assistance may be available for qualifying Park District youth and those with disabilities; an installment payment plan is also offered.
Information about support for riders with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800. Register at least one week in advance, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (credit card only), or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
Semi-private and private lessons are also offered. More about Lockwood Park programs, Saturday activities, and group and birthday party options can be found at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014