- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Political folksinger David Lipmann at JustGoods Aug. 29
Political folksinger and songwriter David Lipmann will perform a free show at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, beginning at 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 29.
Lipmann will entertain with his well-known brand of folk songs and parody. He has been to Rockford many times before. His songs are very topical and up to date. He is also very knowledgeable about the varied peace organizations across the country (he will be performing a benefit for Kathy Kelly’s organization in Chicago the night before).
Besides his humorous performance, Lipmann also does reflective folk singing.
Admission is free and open to the public, alhtough a free-will offering will be taken. The event is presented by Rockford Peace and Justice. .
Call Stanley Campbell at (815) 964-7111 for more details.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014