- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
Political folksinger David Lipmann at JustGoods Aug. 29
Political folksinger and songwriter David Lipmann will perform a free show at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, beginning at 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 29.
Lipmann will entertain with his well-known brand of folk songs and parody. He has been to Rockford many times before. His songs are very topical and up to date. He is also very knowledgeable about the varied peace organizations across the country (he will be performing a benefit for Kathy Kelly’s organization in Chicago the night before).
Besides his humorous performance, Lipmann also does reflective folk singing.
Admission is free and open to the public, alhtough a free-will offering will be taken. The event is presented by Rockford Peace and Justice. .
Call Stanley Campbell at (815) 964-7111 for more details.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014