- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Political folksinger David Lipmann at JustGoods Aug. 29
Political folksinger and songwriter David Lipmann will perform a free show at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, beginning at 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 29.
Lipmann will entertain with his well-known brand of folk songs and parody. He has been to Rockford many times before. His songs are very topical and up to date. He is also very knowledgeable about the varied peace organizations across the country (he will be performing a benefit for Kathy Kelly’s organization in Chicago the night before).
Besides his humorous performance, Lipmann also does reflective folk singing.
Admission is free and open to the public, alhtough a free-will offering will be taken. The event is presented by Rockford Peace and Justice. .
Call Stanley Campbell at (815) 964-7111 for more details.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014