- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Political folksinger David Lipmann at JustGoods Aug. 29
Political folksinger and songwriter David Lipmann will perform a free show at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, beginning at 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 29.
Lipmann will entertain with his well-known brand of folk songs and parody. He has been to Rockford many times before. His songs are very topical and up to date. He is also very knowledgeable about the varied peace organizations across the country (he will be performing a benefit for Kathy Kelly’s organization in Chicago the night before).
Besides his humorous performance, Lipmann also does reflective folk singing.
Admission is free and open to the public, alhtough a free-will offering will be taken. The event is presented by Rockford Peace and Justice. .
Call Stanley Campbell at (815) 964-7111 for more details.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014