- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Political folksinger David Lipmann at JustGoods Aug. 29
Political folksinger and songwriter David Lipmann will perform a free show at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, beginning at 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 29.
Lipmann will entertain with his well-known brand of folk songs and parody. He has been to Rockford many times before. His songs are very topical and up to date. He is also very knowledgeable about the varied peace organizations across the country (he will be performing a benefit for Kathy Kelly’s organization in Chicago the night before).
Besides his humorous performance, Lipmann also does reflective folk singing.
Admission is free and open to the public, alhtough a free-will offering will be taken. The event is presented by Rockford Peace and Justice. .
Call Stanley Campbell at (815) 964-7111 for more details.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014