- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Rockton Hononegah begins new season with Purple and Gold Fest
By Jeremy Oster
ROCKTON, Illinois — Friday, Aug. 22, Rockton Hononegah Community High School again celebrated its annual Purple and Gold Fest. Events began at 6:15 p.m. with soccer on Kelsey Field, followed by volleyball in the main gym.
After the Purple and Gold Parade, Hononegah staff members and alumni were introduced, and the crowd was treated to a performance by Princess Hononegah. Also performing were Hononegah’s band, cheerleaders,varsity dance and junior varsity dance.
At 8:15 p.m., the freshman and sophomore football teams both took half the field for scrimmage games. At 8:45 p.m., the 2014 Hononegah Indians varsity football team stormed George Kelsey Field amid exuberant cheers from their loyal fans.
23 WIFR-TV’s Andy Gannon emceed the evening. After the Indians’ varsity team finished up, Gannon called out a list of names of Hononegah staff to take the Ice Bucket Challenge to benefit The ALS Association. Pictured being drenched here are Hononegah’s Varsity Offensive Line Coach Andy Trice (left) and Hononegah’s new principal, Eric Flohr.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014