- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Switchback to appear at the Lincoln Building in Franklin Grove
FRANKLIN GROVE, Illinois — Fans of the popular Fifth Friday Music Shows at the historic H.I. Lincoln Building in Franklin Grove, Illinois, are in for a unique treat Friday, Aug. 29. Music fans will welcome a special appearance by Marty McCormack and Brian FitzGerald. Known throughout North America, Ireland and Italy as Switchback, these talented musicians will provide a rousing evening of American Roots blended with Celtic Soul.
Playing more than 200 engagements a year, Switchback has shared the stage with artists as diverse as The Moody Blues, Gaelic Storm, Leon Russell and Lee Greenwood. Equally at home in giant 15,000-seat stadiums or in intimate settings like Nashville’s Bluebird Café or Franklin Grove’s historic H.I. Lincoln Building, Switchback can connect with everyone who loves Irish music — or just really good music.
Shows will be at 7 and 9 p.m. Seating is limited. Tickets are available for a $10 donation by calling the H.I. Lincoln building at (815) 456-3030 daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., noon to 4 p.m. on Sundays, or stop by the H.I. Lincoln building during the same hours. Tickets may be available at the door, but previous Switchback appearances have sold out in advance.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014