- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
‘The Rivers of Sister Ties’ author at Katie’s Cup Aug. 29
Author Kesha L. Ford, a resident of Garland, Texas, will be available to sign copies of her book, The Rivers of Sister Ties, beginning at 3 p.m., Friday, Aug. 29, at Katie’s Cup, 502 Seventh St., Rockford.
The Reynolds sisters have just had their world shaken by the death of their beloved mother. Dina, the sister whom everyone usually depends on, has come to a black hole of depression and addiction. She desperately tries to hide her problems to protect her sisters from finding out the truth surrounding their mother’s death and the role she played in it.
While Dina struggles to conceal her secret, Simone has a secret of her own. She soon finds herself isolated in New York at the beck and call of a high-powered, controlling attorney who sold her a dream only to crush her spirit. As Simone attempts to conceal her bleeding relationship, their oldest sister, Desiree, grows desperate to discover what’s going on with her sisters, even if it means upsetting her marriage.
As each sister faces their demons, nothing could prepare them for the revelation of the shocking secret their parents took to the grave with them, a secret potent enough to shatter them all to pieces.
For more about the book-signing event, contact Katie’s Cup at (815) 986-0628.
Posted Aug. 27, 2014