- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Extended hours, two bands and luau theme at City Market this Friday
Online Staff Report
It’s “Rock the Market” this week Friday, Aug. 29, at Rockford City Market. To celebrate, the market will have extended hours (open until 10 p.m.), there will be a free photo booth from 5 to 7 p.m., and two bands will be playing throughout the night. The market will also be themed “Luau Take 2,” and several vendors will offer luau-themed specials for the night.
What to expect at City Market this Friday
• Music — Mark Reed and Waddy, acoustic rock and blues, 3:30-6:30 p.m.; Dirty Fishnet Stockings, rockabilly, 7-10 p.m.
• Activities — Free Rockford City Market photo booth; Rockford Chariots vs. City Officials at 6 p.m. in the RAMP parking lot on Water Street (emceed by Rockford Ald. John Beck).
• Rockford Etsy Booth — Carriage on Cherry (upcycled unique home décor).
• Gates — Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Rockford Ravens Rugby Team.
‘Luau Take 2’ specials
• Lulu’s Roasted Corn — Roasted corn on the cob with habanero-mango mayo, with coconut parmesan cheese.
• KokoBear Bakery — Pina Colada, Margarita, Espresso Swirl, and Vanilla Bean cheesecake; Pineapple- Coconut, Banana-Macadamia Nut, and Mango-Kiwi scones.
• Fork & Stein — Pulled jerk chicken slider topped with a pineapple cilantro salsa.
Rockford City Market takes place every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the City of Rockford.
Posted Aug. 28, 2014