- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Extended hours, two bands and luau theme at City Market this Friday
Online Staff Report
It’s “Rock the Market” this week Friday, Aug. 29, at Rockford City Market. To celebrate, the market will have extended hours (open until 10 p.m.), there will be a free photo booth from 5 to 7 p.m., and two bands will be playing throughout the night. The market will also be themed “Luau Take 2,” and several vendors will offer luau-themed specials for the night.
What to expect at City Market this Friday
• Music — Mark Reed and Waddy, acoustic rock and blues, 3:30-6:30 p.m.; Dirty Fishnet Stockings, rockabilly, 7-10 p.m.
• Activities — Free Rockford City Market photo booth; Rockford Chariots vs. City Officials at 6 p.m. in the RAMP parking lot on Water Street (emceed by Rockford Ald. John Beck).
• Rockford Etsy Booth — Carriage on Cherry (upcycled unique home décor).
• Gates — Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Rockford Ravens Rugby Team.
‘Luau Take 2’ specials
• Lulu’s Roasted Corn — Roasted corn on the cob with habanero-mango mayo, with coconut parmesan cheese.
• KokoBear Bakery — Pina Colada, Margarita, Espresso Swirl, and Vanilla Bean cheesecake; Pineapple- Coconut, Banana-Macadamia Nut, and Mango-Kiwi scones.
• Fork & Stein — Pulled jerk chicken slider topped with a pineapple cilantro salsa.
Rockford City Market takes place every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the City of Rockford.
Posted Aug. 28, 2014