- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Rockford Area Arts Council leader selected for national forum
Online Staff Report
Anne O’Keefe, CEO of Rockford Area Arts Council (RAAC), has been selected as one of 20 arts agency leaders to participate in the Americans for the Arts Executive Leadership Forum at Sundance. The forum will be Sept. 17-20 in Utah.
“I am honored to be representing the Rockford Area Arts Council, especially as the only representative from Illinois,” O’Keefe said. “The Rockford arts community is our community’s greatest asset, and I am so excited to have the opportunity to not only share our successes, but learn from the best in the field.”
A select group of top arts agency executives have been chosen to attend the intensive three-day program. The program will enable arts leaders to strengthen their leadership skills and contribute to a dialogue about policy and trends facing the national arts field.
RAAC Board Chairman Monica Krysztopa noted: “Ms. O’Keefe’s selection as a top arts agency executive will enable the Rockford Area Arts Council and the City of Rockford to showcase its commitment to a diverse cultural arts community. This is a win for Rockford on a national level.”
The Executive Leadership Forum is held in conjunction with Americans for the Arts’ National Arts Policy Roundtable, a high-level, cross-sector forum to discuss issues and propose solutions critical to advancing American culture and vitality. Forum participants join Roundtable leaders from the corporate, philanthropic and service sectors for joint sessions.
As stated by the Americans for the Arts, O’Keefe was “hand-selected based on her position in the field, her known expertise and commitment to the arts in America.”
The Rockford Area Arts Council is at 713 E. State St., downtown Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 963-6765 or online at artsforeveryone.com.
Posted Aug. 28, 2014