- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
RVC Truck Driver Training partners with Roehl
Online Staff Report
Rock Valley College’s (RVC) Truck Driver Training program and Roehl (pronounced “Rail”) Transport, Inc. announced a partnership Aug. 28 that makes RVC’s Truck Driver Training program one of only four in the nation to be Roehl certified.
This will allow students who take RVC’s six-week Truck Driver Training program to opt for a Fast Track program that will lead directly to employment with Roehl upon completion.
Roehl Development Manager Jason Zaleski talked about the current need for drivers and hopes that Roehl will be able to employ 40 RVC TDT students before the end of the year.
Zaleski said starting salaries with Roehl could range from $40,000 to $50,000 per year.
RVC’s program is a six-week program that combines classroom presentation with hands-on experience that leads to a Class A Commercial driver’s license. The program is offered every six weeks, year round, at the college’s Truck Driver Training facility, 2816 N. Main St. (formerly Essex Wire).
For more about RVC Truck Driver Training, go to rockvalleycollege.edu/tdt or call (815) 921-2076.
Posted Aug. 28, 2014