- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
RVC Truck Driver Training partners with Roehl
Online Staff Report
Rock Valley College’s (RVC) Truck Driver Training program and Roehl (pronounced “Rail”) Transport, Inc. announced a partnership Aug. 28 that makes RVC’s Truck Driver Training program one of only four in the nation to be Roehl certified.
This will allow students who take RVC’s six-week Truck Driver Training program to opt for a Fast Track program that will lead directly to employment with Roehl upon completion.
Roehl Development Manager Jason Zaleski talked about the current need for drivers and hopes that Roehl will be able to employ 40 RVC TDT students before the end of the year.
Zaleski said starting salaries with Roehl could range from $40,000 to $50,000 per year.
RVC’s program is a six-week program that combines classroom presentation with hands-on experience that leads to a Class A Commercial driver’s license. The program is offered every six weeks, year round, at the college’s Truck Driver Training facility, 2816 N. Main St. (formerly Essex Wire).
For more about RVC Truck Driver Training, go to rockvalleycollege.edu/tdt or call (815) 921-2076.
Posted Aug. 28, 2014