- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
RVC Truck Driver Training partners with Roehl
Online Staff Report
Rock Valley College’s (RVC) Truck Driver Training program and Roehl (pronounced “Rail”) Transport, Inc. announced a partnership Aug. 28 that makes RVC’s Truck Driver Training program one of only four in the nation to be Roehl certified.
This will allow students who take RVC’s six-week Truck Driver Training program to opt for a Fast Track program that will lead directly to employment with Roehl upon completion.
Roehl Development Manager Jason Zaleski talked about the current need for drivers and hopes that Roehl will be able to employ 40 RVC TDT students before the end of the year.
Zaleski said starting salaries with Roehl could range from $40,000 to $50,000 per year.
RVC’s program is a six-week program that combines classroom presentation with hands-on experience that leads to a Class A Commercial driver’s license. The program is offered every six weeks, year round, at the college’s Truck Driver Training facility, 2816 N. Main St. (formerly Essex Wire).
For more about RVC Truck Driver Training, go to rockvalleycollege.edu/tdt or call (815) 921-2076.
Posted Aug. 28, 2014