- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
RVC Truck Driver Training partners with Roehl
Online Staff Report
Rock Valley College’s (RVC) Truck Driver Training program and Roehl (pronounced “Rail”) Transport, Inc. announced a partnership Aug. 28 that makes RVC’s Truck Driver Training program one of only four in the nation to be Roehl certified.
This will allow students who take RVC’s six-week Truck Driver Training program to opt for a Fast Track program that will lead directly to employment with Roehl upon completion.
Roehl Development Manager Jason Zaleski talked about the current need for drivers and hopes that Roehl will be able to employ 40 RVC TDT students before the end of the year.
Zaleski said starting salaries with Roehl could range from $40,000 to $50,000 per year.
RVC’s program is a six-week program that combines classroom presentation with hands-on experience that leads to a Class A Commercial driver’s license. The program is offered every six weeks, year round, at the college’s Truck Driver Training facility, 2816 N. Main St. (formerly Essex Wire).
For more about RVC Truck Driver Training, go to rockvalleycollege.edu/tdt or call (815) 921-2076.
Posted Aug. 28, 2014