- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Stolen car, drugs recovered during search of Rockford home
Online Staff Report
Criminal charges were filed Thursday, Aug. 28, after members of the Winnebago County Violent Crime Task Force (Rockford Police Department, Winnebago County Sheriff’s Police, Illinois State Police), executed a search warrant at 3303 Greendale Drive, Rockford.
During the execution of the warrant, heroin, marijuana and a vehicle reported stolen in Chicago were recovered.
Sharnell L. Neal, 36, was taken into custody and charged as follows:
- Violation of Illinois Controlled Substance Act (possession of heroin 15-100grams)
- Violation of the Cannabis Control Act(possession of marijuana 10-30grams)
- Theft (possession of a stolen vehicle)
- Failure to register as a sex offender (change of address)
Neal is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail awaiting a bond hearing. He is scheduled to appear in court Friday, Aug.29, at 1:30 p.m.