- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Stolen car, drugs recovered during search of Rockford home
Online Staff Report
Criminal charges were filed Thursday, Aug. 28, after members of the Winnebago County Violent Crime Task Force (Rockford Police Department, Winnebago County Sheriff’s Police, Illinois State Police), executed a search warrant at 3303 Greendale Drive, Rockford.
During the execution of the warrant, heroin, marijuana and a vehicle reported stolen in Chicago were recovered.
Sharnell L. Neal, 36, was taken into custody and charged as follows:
- Violation of Illinois Controlled Substance Act (possession of heroin 15-100grams)
- Violation of the Cannabis Control Act(possession of marijuana 10-30grams)
- Theft (possession of a stolen vehicle)
- Failure to register as a sex offender (change of address)
Neal is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail awaiting a bond hearing. He is scheduled to appear in court Friday, Aug.29, at 1:30 p.m.