- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
Stolen car, drugs recovered during search of Rockford home
Online Staff Report
Criminal charges were filed Thursday, Aug. 28, after members of the Winnebago County Violent Crime Task Force (Rockford Police Department, Winnebago County Sheriff’s Police, Illinois State Police), executed a search warrant at 3303 Greendale Drive, Rockford.
During the execution of the warrant, heroin, marijuana and a vehicle reported stolen in Chicago were recovered.
Sharnell L. Neal, 36, was taken into custody and charged as follows:
- Violation of Illinois Controlled Substance Act (possession of heroin 15-100grams)
- Violation of the Cannabis Control Act(possession of marijuana 10-30grams)
- Theft (possession of a stolen vehicle)
- Failure to register as a sex offender (change of address)
Neal is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail awaiting a bond hearing. He is scheduled to appear in court Friday, Aug.29, at 1:30 p.m.