- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Stolen car, drugs recovered during search of Rockford home
Online Staff Report
Criminal charges were filed Thursday, Aug. 28, after members of the Winnebago County Violent Crime Task Force (Rockford Police Department, Winnebago County Sheriff’s Police, Illinois State Police), executed a search warrant at 3303 Greendale Drive, Rockford.
During the execution of the warrant, heroin, marijuana and a vehicle reported stolen in Chicago were recovered.
Sharnell L. Neal, 36, was taken into custody and charged as follows:
- Violation of Illinois Controlled Substance Act (possession of heroin 15-100grams)
- Violation of the Cannabis Control Act(possession of marijuana 10-30grams)
- Theft (possession of a stolen vehicle)
- Failure to register as a sex offender (change of address)
Neal is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail awaiting a bond hearing. He is scheduled to appear in court Friday, Aug.29, at 1:30 p.m.