- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Stolen car, drugs recovered during search of Rockford home
Online Staff Report
Criminal charges were filed Thursday, Aug. 28, after members of the Winnebago County Violent Crime Task Force (Rockford Police Department, Winnebago County Sheriff’s Police, Illinois State Police), executed a search warrant at 3303 Greendale Drive, Rockford.
During the execution of the warrant, heroin, marijuana and a vehicle reported stolen in Chicago were recovered.
Sharnell L. Neal, 36, was taken into custody and charged as follows:
- Violation of Illinois Controlled Substance Act (possession of heroin 15-100grams)
- Violation of the Cannabis Control Act(possession of marijuana 10-30grams)
- Theft (possession of a stolen vehicle)
- Failure to register as a sex offender (change of address)
Neal is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail awaiting a bond hearing. He is scheduled to appear in court Friday, Aug.29, at 1:30 p.m.