More than 150 families will have their new and gently used items for sale during the Oct. 2-4 “Just Between Friends Sale” at Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Illinois. The event was previously held at the Tebala Shrine Center in Rockford, but participation has outgrown the venue.
The semi-annual kids’ consignment sales event, in which parents sell new and gently used clothes and toys their kids have outgrown as well as bargain shop for things they might need, started in Rockford three years ago and has grown to be one of the most anticipated sales of the season.
Hours and admission are as follow:
• Thursday, Oct. 2 — 9 a.m.-8 p.m., $3 admission;
• Friday, Oct. 3 — 9 a.m.-6 p.m., free admission; and
• Saturday, Oct. 4 — 9 a.m.-2 p.m., “50 Percent Off Day.”
Who should shop?
• Pregnant moms and first-time parents looking for baby equipment, toys and clothes, and maternity wear;
• Teachers and preschool owners who may be searching for outdoor equipment, education materials, puzzles, games and more;
• Parents and grandparents with toddler and school-age kids seeking nice clothes for the season or outdoor toys for the summer months;
• Teen girls and boys who are looking for the latest fashions; and
• Bargain shoppers looking to get nice, brand-name clothing, electronics, DVDs and more, at a fraction of the cost. Sizes vary from newborn to size 18/20 and juniors girls’ sizes.
Gloria Gear, event manager, noted: “If you enjoy the concept of being able to go to one location and bargain shop for good quality items, this sale is for you. A lot of parents enjoy a good bargain, but they don’t want to ‘dig’ through less than desirable items to find what they need. This sale is neatly organized and structured so you can find what you need right away and have the comfort of knowing you have quality items that will last.”
More information and a free admission pass can be found at http://rockford.jbfsale.com.
Posted Oct. 2, 2014