Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
Online Staff Report
The final Rockford City Market of the season is the annual Fall Harvest market this Friday, Oct. 17. Kids will have the chance to dress up in Halloween costumes and participate in the Kids’ Costume Parade that travels around the City Market grounds. Afterward, kids can go trick-or-treating at the vendor booths.
Vendors also have a contest where they decorate their booth to match the theme of the night. Market guests will be able to vote on their favorite booth either right at the market, or on the Rockford City Market Facebook page. The winner will be announced Saturday, Oct. 18, on the website and Facebook page.
What to expect at City Market Friday, Oct. 17
1. Music — Jodi Beach performing from 4 to 7 p.m.
2. Activities, including the following:
• Kids’ costume parade (6 p.m.) featuring local mascots Shelbert (Magic Waters), Rocky the Polar Bear (Rockford Park District Ice Facilities) and the Pearson Guy;
• Trick-or-treating at the vendors (following the parade);
• Billy the Balloon Guy (5 to 6:30 p.m.);
• Vendor booth decoration contest judging and voting; and
• Rockford Christian — face painting (4 to 7 p.m.).
3. Rockford Etsy Booth — I Heart Signs (repurposed wood signs and frames)
4. Gates — River District Association and RAMI (Groove Walk-ing Dead)
5. RHS Provider — Visit the Rockford Health System booth at Market and Water streets and talk with staff and providers from the Pain Center at Rockford Memorial Hospital. Learn more about surgical and non-surgical treatments for chronic pain and other pain-related conditions.
Rockford City Market survey
Take a few minutes to fill out the survey about Rockford City Market. The market continues to improve, only with the help of feedback from guests. Take the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014RockfordCityMarketPatronSurvey.
Rockford City Market
Rockford City Market takes place every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day, and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the City of Rockford.
Posted Oct. 15, 2014