Groove Walk returns to downtown Rockford Oct. 18
Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) and The River District Association (RDA) present Groove Walk-ing Dead from 9 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 18, to 1 a.m., Sunday, Oct. 19. The event is a celebration of Rockford’s downtown nightlife and music scene. The musical walk will showcase some of Rockford’s unique establishments and amazing musical talent.
Groove Walk was originated by the On the Waterfront committee and then handed over rights to the event to RAMI. RDA got on board in collaboration with RAMI to bring the event back after being gone for two years.
Fifteen venues will host an array of musicians throughout the River District in downtown Rockford. Advance admission is $8 or $10 at the door. One ticket admits patrons to all 15 locations. Advance tickets can be purchased online at www.ramiawards.com, all Alpine Bank locations, Guzzardo Performance Music Center and all the participating establishments.
“We are happy to be a part of bringing this great event back to Rockford,” said Stephanie Caltagerone, board member for The River District. “This event gives downtown establishments and local musicians the opportunity to be seen and heard.”
Some fun additions this year to the Groove Walk-ing Dead will be a costume contest on the corner of State and Madison, and the venues will be decorated to the Halloween theme. Also, patrons will be able to ride the RMTD Trolley from each location, or they can walk from establishment to establishment.
To purchase tickets or for more information, visit www.ramiawards.com or Caltagerone at (815) 978-7827.
Following, by establishment, is the entertainment lineup:
• Abreo, 515 E. State St. — Kelly Steward
• CJ’s Lounge, 300 E. State St. — Vintage Vinyl
• Deli Italia and Trinacria Lounge, 507 E. State St. — Hilly Jones
• District Bar & Grill, 205 W. State St. — Jamie Campbell & The Redneck Romeos
• Irish Rose Saloon, 519 E. State St. — JF Gaziano & Beat Merchants
• J.R. Kortman Center for Design, 107 N. Main St. — Live DJs: DAS and Edward Klutch
• Kryptonite, 308 W. State St. — The Handcuffs, Mono in Stereo and Sexy Ester
• Mandalay Lounge, 200 N. Church St. — Band of the Lost
• Mary’s Place, 602 N. Madison St. — Fresh Hot Fritters
• Octane Interlounge, 124 N. Main St. — Jodi Beach Trio
• Rockford Art Deli, 402 E. State St. — King of Demons
• Salvaged by Sonya, 330 E. State St. — Derek Luttrell
• State and Madison, 106 S. Madison St. — Two of Us
• The Office, 513 E. State St. — Lizzy Neal Band
• Vintage@501, 501 E. State St. — Big Earl & The Falcons
From the Oct. 15-21, 2014, issue