Rockford trick-or-treat hours: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 31
Trick-or-treat hours in the city of Rockford will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., on Halloween, Friday, Oct. 31.
The following tips for the City of Rockford can help children experience a safe and fun Halloween:
• Outside lights should be left on for everyone’s safety.
• Motorists should use caution during the evening of Oct. 31. It can be very difficult to see small or costumed children, especially after dark, so please drive slowly and carefully.
• Caution should be used when carving pumpkins, so don’t leave children unsupervised with knives. And remember that open flames can be dangerous indoors or outdoors anywhere near where people will be walking.
• Trick or treaters are urged to wear light-colored clothing or reflective tape to be more visible. Costumes that are non-flammable, easy to walk in, and with unobstructed vision (large eye openings) are advised. Parents or other adults are urged to accompany children.
• Flashlights help a great deal with safety and visibility.
• Consider getting together with friends or neighbors to host a Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
• Many other Halloween events are publicized in the calendars in the Vibe Entertainment section of this newspaper.
From the Oct. 29-Nov. 4, 2014, issue