Online Staff Report
As the temperature continues to drop, the golf season in the Rockford Park District also begins to come to end, at least at select courses.
After Friday, Oct. 31, the Rockford Park District will close the following golf course for the season:
• Ingersoll Golf Course, 101 Daisyfield Road, Rockford.
After Monday, Nov. 3, the Rockford Park District will close the following golf courses for the season:
• Sandy Hollow Golf Course, 2670 Sandy Hollow Road, Rockford; and
• Sinnissippi Golf Course, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Aldeen Golf Club typically remains open through November, weather permitting, but the Aldeen Golf Club Practice Centre will be closed after Oct. 31. Elliot Golf Course is normally open all year, as weather permits. Both courses are currently offering the following reduced rates:
• Aldeen Golf Club — $20 resident; $22 non-resident; $8 permit holders; Cart: $9 per rider; and
• Elliot Golf Course — $12 per round (nine or 18 holes); Cart: $12 per rider (18 holes); $6 per rider (nine holes); practice range bag of balls: $2; practice range bucket of balls: $4.
Book a tee time online at www.golfrockford.org, or call Rockford Park District Golf Operations at 815-YOU-PLAY (815-968-7529) to be connected to a specific course.
Posted Oct. 31, 2014