BTU Rugby Big Ten Universities Conference Championship in Loves Park Nov. 15
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Illinois — Sportscore Two, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Illinois, will host the 2014 BTU Rugby Big Ten Universities Conference Championship from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 15.
Nine teams will be represented from Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue, Ohio State and Wisconsin. This is the third year for the BTU Rugby Conference and the first year a B team championship has participated. The public is encouraged to attend; general admission is $10 for adults and $5 for students.
Games will be streamed on coachesaid.com, a pay-per-view site. This tournament is expected to draw more than 1,000 players, coaches and fans to the Rockford area. An estimated 325 hotel room nights will be booked and visitors will spend an estimated $58,500.
Following is a schedule of games:
• 10 a.m. — Minnesota vs. Michigan State (fifth place)
• 11:30 a.m. — Ohio State B vs. Indiana B (B Championship) (B third place)
• 1 p.m. — Michigan vs. Iowa (third place)
• 3 p.m. — Ohio State vs. Wisconsin (BTU Championship)
• 11 a.m. — Michigan B vs. Wisconsin B
• 1 p.m. — Purdue vs. Illinois (seventh place)
Learn more about the BTU Rugby Conference at bturugby.com. The BTU Rugby Conference is not affiliated with, endorsed by or sponsored by the official Big Ten Conference.
Posted Nov. 13, 2014