Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Online Staff Report
MADISON, Wisconsin — Snow is flying in Wisconsin and the popular Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report is now available so you can keep up with Jack Frost. Snow seekers use this interactive map to track the snow conditions for ski areas and snowmobile and cross-country ski trails across the state. In fact, some Wisconsin ski areas are ready for skiers to hit the slopes. Grab your hat and mittens; it’s time to play in Wisconsin’s winter playground.
More than 1.1 million people viewed the online Snow Conditions Report last winter, making it the most popular page on TravelWisconsin.com over the winter season. More than 150 local snow condition reporters cover all 72 counties, reporting “virtually live” — posting their area’s status as conditions change with each snowfall. At a minimum, snow conditions reporters update once a week, making the Snow Conditions Report the most comprehensive and timely report available.
Key interactive elements of the Snow Conditions Report include the following:
• Travelers can share their winter fun with fellow winter sports enthusiasts by submitting their photos to the report.
• A separate interactive map for downhill ski areas, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
• Mobile version so snow lovers can view the report on the go from their smartphone.
• Easy browsing for nearby attractions, accommodations, dining or events directly from the report to plan an entire weekend getaway.
• Every area shares special notes including ski hill and trail details, outdoor travel tips, ice conditions and upcoming events.
• Printable version of the report.
Travelers looking for year-round Wisconsin getaway ideas, travel planning, events and free guides can discover their own fun at TravelWisconsin.com on their desktop, tablet or mobile device. You can also choose to “Like” the site at Facebook.com/TravelWisconsin or follow along on Twitter at Twitter.com/TravelWI.
Posted Nov. 25, 2014