Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
Online Staff Report
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois — Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn (D) announced investments of more than $8.3 million for construction projects in northern Illinois Nov. 26.
The road and airport projects in DeKalb, Grundy, Jo Daviess, LaSalle, Lee, Ogle and Winnebago counties are all part of Quinn’s $31 billion Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program and address critical infrastructure needs in central Illinois.
“I led passage of the Illinois Jobs Now! program immediately after taking office in 2009 because the state had gone nearly 10 years without major capital construction legislation to repair and maintain the state’s infrastructure,” Quinn said. “With Illinois Jobs Now!, we’ve been able to put hundreds of thousands of people to work on badly needed construction jobs while making northern Illinois a better place to live and work.”
The projects will be managed by the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), except where noted.
Following are the projects by county:
• Winnebago County — Runway 1/19 at Chicago Rockford International Airport will be rehabilitated for $4,705,272 by Sjostrom & Sons, Inc., of Rockford, the lowest of four bidders. The IDOT Division of Aeronautics will manage the project, which includes federal, state and local funding.
• DeKalb County — A detention basin for storm water runoff will be constructed at the DeKalb Taylor Municipal Airport for $775,000 by Elliott & Wood Inc. of DeKalb, the lowest of seven bidders. The IDOT Division of Aeronautics will manage the project, which includes federal, state and local funding.
• Jo Daviess County — Illinois Route 35 will receive 250 feet of storm sewer replacement approximately 0.20 miles northeast of Arrowhead Drive/St. Mary’s Drive in East Dubuque for $90,079 by Law Excavating Inc. of Mt. Carroll, the lowest of four bidders.
An existing single span steel stringer structure will be replaced with a triple-barrel reinforced concrete box culvert on Longhollow Road and a new double-barrel reinforced concrete box culvert will be constructed on Brodrecht Road, 5.5 miles northwest of Elizabeth at Furnace Creek for $1,895,411 by Civil Constructors, Inc., of Freeport, the lowest of four bidders.
• Lee County — Palmyra Road will receive cold milling and HMA resurfacing from Hillcrest Drive to 0.3 miles west of Lenox Road for $394,511 by Civil Constructors, Inc., of Freeport, the lower of two bidders.
• LaSalle and Grundy counties — U.S. 6 will receive drainage improvements 1,773 feet east of Illinois Route 170 in Seneca for $123,213 by D Construction, Inc. of Coal City, the lower of two bidders.
• Ogle County — Interstate 39 interchange ramps will receive pavement patching and resurfacing for $477,219 by William Charles Construction Company, LLC, of Loves Park, the lowest of three bidders.
Posted Nov. 26, 2014