Area writers to be featured at local author fair Dec. 6
FREEPORT, Illinois — Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Illinois, will host a local author fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 6.
The authors will be in attendance to talk with people about their work, and signed copies of their books will be available for purchase. Book gift baskets will be offered to those interested in buying a wrapped gift for the book-lover in their life.
McIver Publishing will be offering a seminar at 10:30 a.m. for those interested in getting more information about “Self-Publishing without Breaking the Bank,” and a drawing will be held at 12:30 p.m. for a nice prize.
Writers showcasing their work will include the following:
• Charlie Tannehill, author of Just a Firefighter. Tannehill is a retired Chicago fireman who has written a memoir about his life as a firefighter.
• Children’s author Pat McClellan will be at the library with her Buster therapy dog series. Her newest book, Puppy Nose, has just been released.
• Kim Sigafus will be in attendance with her Native American fiction and non-fiction work, including, Native Elders Sharing Their Wisdom and The Mida, both recently released.
• Carol Muehleman will be there discussing her newly-published Poetry and Short Stories of the Discernible Kind, which was released this month.
• Martha Jones will be on hand to discuss her book, Corn on Macabre or Reflections of a Reluctant Vampire. A humorously dark book, it’s about the curious plight of modern and classical creatures of the night.
• Author Kelly Sievers will be at the library with her young adult fantasy book Charlie Kane the Magic Writer.
Refreshments will be offered, and the event is free. For more information, call Kim at (815) 297-2293.
Posted Dec. 4, 2014