- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Sheriff’s Office offers rides home on New Year’s Eve
Online Staff Report
Winnebago County Sheriff Gary Caruana (R) has announced the 34th Annual Sheriff’s New Year’s Eve Ride Home Program.
Starting Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2014, at 11 p.m. and ending at 4 a.m., Thursday, Jan. 1, 2015, the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office will be conducting its 34th Annual Sheriff’s New Year’s Eve Ride Home Program. As has been done in the past, the purpose of this program is to provide free rides from any location in Winnebago County to your home in Winnebago County. If you or someone you know has had too much to drink and needs a ride home, call (815) 639-4674 for a free ride home. However, since New Year’s Eve is a busy time for the sheriff’s office, if you need a ride home, first try to make alternate arrangements before calling the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office.
This program continues to reduce the number of intoxicated drivers on the road on New Year’s Eve.
Posted Dec. 31, 2014