- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Sheriff’s Office offers rides home on New Year’s Eve
Online Staff Report
Winnebago County Sheriff Gary Caruana (R) has announced the 34th Annual Sheriff’s New Year’s Eve Ride Home Program.
Starting Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2014, at 11 p.m. and ending at 4 a.m., Thursday, Jan. 1, 2015, the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office will be conducting its 34th Annual Sheriff’s New Year’s Eve Ride Home Program. As has been done in the past, the purpose of this program is to provide free rides from any location in Winnebago County to your home in Winnebago County. If you or someone you know has had too much to drink and needs a ride home, call (815) 639-4674 for a free ride home. However, since New Year’s Eve is a busy time for the sheriff’s office, if you need a ride home, first try to make alternate arrangements before calling the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office.
This program continues to reduce the number of intoxicated drivers on the road on New Year’s Eve.
Posted Dec. 31, 2014