The Rockford Coronado Concert Association (RCCA) announced its 2015-16 performance schedule of five concerts to held at the Coronado Performing Arts Center, 314 N. Main St. As in previous years, the RCCA lineup will include classical, semi-classical and dance performances featuring world-class artists. The diversity of the performances offer audiences in the region a glimpse into leading vocalists, instrumental and dance concerts from around the world.
“This year’s scheduled performances are among the one of the best line ups we’ve ever had and offers a great variety in programming sure to pique the interests of almost everyone,” said Beth Howard, RCCA Executive Director. “We continue to strive to bring in ‘big city’ concerts to Rockford – but a fraction of the cost to patrons – and this year is no exception.”
Ticket prices for each of the performances range from $25-$35 and can be purchased online through coronadopac.org or by phone 815-968-0595. A subscription to the entire performance series starts at $100 and can be purchased by phone 815-489-8226. The season performance schedule is as follows:
- October 17, 2015; 7:30 p.m.: Giordano Dance Company. Named America’s original jazz dance company, the Giordano Dance Company lights up the stage with its power, elegance, athleticism and unparalleled energy. A wide-ranging journey of emotional, musical and dance styles presented in a diverse program from its critically-acclaimed and exciting repertoire.
- November 20, 2015; 7:30 p.m.: Benny Goodman Tribute featuring the Jilian Bliss septet. Take a step back in time. Recreating the exciting sound of swing from the ’30s and ’40s, this septet stays true to the authentic feel but with a modern twist. Julian and pianist Neal Thornton talk the audience through the music, sharing anecdotes and stories about Goodman’s life, delivered with humor, creating a special evening to remember.
- February 6, 2016: 7:30 p.m.: The Band of the Royal Marines & The Pipes, Drums and Highland Dancers of the Scots Guards. Enjoy the military precision combined with classic and contemporary sounds. Excelling at musical quality, visual grandeur and precision drill, the Band’s repertoire includes popular classics, Big Band, contemporary works and solo features. Most members also play in jazz, string and woodwind ensembles, making the Royal Marines musician one of the most versatile in military music.
- March 6, 2016: 3:00 p.m.: Polish Baltic Philharmonic Orchestra. After its founding in 1945 on the heels of Polish independence, the Polish Baltic Philharmonic became the largest music institution in northern Poland. The Philharmonic organizes concerts, recitals, and chamber music soirées performed by the most prominent Polish musicians as well as by many world-famous artists.
- April 23, 2016: 7:30 p.m.: Five Vocalists from the Ryan Center, Lyric Opera. Get ready for takeoff of these amazing singers. The Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan Opera Center at Lyric Opera of Chicago is recognized as one of the premier professional artist-development programs, nurturing the best emerging artists. This exciting recital provides a unique opportunity to hear five exceptional artists as they prepare to launch international careers.
For more information on each performance, go to rccaconcerts.org or contact Beth Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org at the Rockford Coronado Concert Association 815-847-6314.