City Beat: 2016-2020 CIP released
The City of Rockford Thursday released its 2016-2020 Capital Improvement Program, approved by the city council March 7.
The plan, a detailed breakdown of infrastructure projects ready to move forward following the recertification of the 1 percent sales tax, lays out over $140 million in improvements set to begin this year.
- $28 million in neighborhood street repairs
- $34 million in repairs to the City’s arterial and collector street network
- $9 million to rehabilitate or replace aging bridges
- $9 million in improvements to the City’s stormwater system
- $4.5 million to repair or install pedestrian accommodations
- $38 million in improvements to the City’s water infrastructure
To date, the sales tax has provided over $124 million since 2007 for improvements in Rockford.
Read the full CIP below or visit rockfordil.gov for more details.