RACVB touts holiday cheer throughout Rockford region
The Rockford region is filled with sites, attractions, eateries and organizations that have enhanced the holiday season this year with several “Merry & Bright” festivities happening from this week to January 31.
Along with Stroll on State, the region’s largest holiday celebration, this Saturday in downtown Rockford, two additional events will help spread holiday cheer in the Rockford community while aiming to support the local economy.
Shop on State is a hometown holiday shopping experience happening Thursday, December 8 from 5-9 p.m. This event is a collaborative effort with the RACVB and River District Association and local businesses that will feature great shopping, live music and food vendors. The 12 Bars of Christmas Pub Crawl kicks off Saturday, December 17, 2 p.m. at Prairie Street Brewhouse and will wind its way through downtown Rockford to 12 local bars and restaurants. Tickets can be purchased and additional information can be found online at strollonstate.com.
Other holiday events include:
- A Cottage Christmas – Tinker Swiss Cottage (Nov. 22-Jan. 15) – Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum will be alive with the sights and sounds of “Christmas Past!” The historic Tinker Swiss Cottage will remain decorated for the holidays for all to enjoy.
- Festival of Lights – Sinnissippi Park (Nov. 25-Dec. 25) – The annual Holiday Festival of Lights has become a Stateline family tradition, with over 50 holiday-themed lighted displays. Santa will be on site each weekend night so you can hand deliver your letters to him.
- All Aglow Display – Nicholas Conservatory (Nov. 26-Jan. 8) – Come see sparkling holiday lights and beautiful floral displays inside the warm tropical conservatory. Outdoor grounds are also lit up and decorated for the season.
- The Nutcracker – Rockford University (Nov. 26-27) – Rockford Dance Company’s annual performance of The Nutcracker has amazing new choreography by Monica Isla from the Milwaukee Ballet.
- Rockton Christmas Walk (Dec. 3) – The 32nd annual event includes the Candy Cane Craft Fair, Lighting of the Park, Lighted Parade, horse-drawn wagon rides, Santa and Christmas carolers.
- J. R. Sullivan’s “Hometown Holiday” – Nordlof Center (Dec. 10-11) – This seasonal variety show is custom-made each year for the Rockford community. It features holiday-inspired storytelling, comedy and seasonal popular music.
- Holiday Pops Concert – Coronado Performing Arts Center (Dec. 17-18) – Celebrate the holiday season as the Mendelssohn Chorale joins the Rockford Symphony Orchestra to bring you the best music of the season, from popular to traditional and sentimental to serious.
For more information, visit the RACVB’s homepage at gorockford.com.