- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
By Allen Penticoff Mr. Green Car I had recently received a recall notice from Chevrolet on...
Staff Report Rockford First will be hosting its 6th annual Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show on...
By Michael Ness TheConversation.com Self-driving cars are expected to revolutionize the automobile industry. Rapid advances have...
More Automotive News
Mr. Green Car: Charging without a cord
By Allen Penticoff Columnist We have owned a 2013 Chevy Volt for 19 months...
- Posted May 13, 2015
Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
By Michael Lucci Illinois Policy Institute Cronyism in the Illinois auto industry extends beyond...
- Posted April 16, 2015
Mr Green Car reviews Ford’s EcoBoost engine
Allen Penticoff Mr. Green Car My review of the Ford F-150 truck platform boasted...
- Posted April 15, 2015
Mr Green Car: Returning the auto industry to America
By Allen Penticoff Columnist When I evaluate new cars that I review I always...
- Posted March 18, 2015
Mr. Green Car: Auto Show highlights EVs big and small
By Allen Penticoff Special to TRRT The Chicago Auto Show is the nation’s premier...
- Posted February 17, 2015
Deer-vehicle collisions are down, and tips for avoiding one
Staff Report BLOOMINGTON, Ill. — The odds that an individual driver in the United...
- Posted October 2, 2013
Energy Department launches site comparing electric vs. gasoline
Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Energy Department recently launched the “eGallon” — a...
- Posted June 12, 2013