- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Editorial: Christopher Columbus and the bloody truth
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer Baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet are American traditions, correct?...
- Posted October 13, 2014
Editorial: ‘The Rock River Times’ shares circulation audit results
• Weekly newspaper reaches more than 40,000 readers per week, online daily reaches 29,965 unique...
- Posted August 20, 2014
Editorial: And the Good Ol’ Boys Club wins again!
• Local Republican Party shows pride in small-town, high-society, social-club vote in favor of recklessness...
- Posted June 4, 2014
Editorial: Time for a new face of the Republican Party in Winnebago County
By Brandon Reid Senior Assistant Editor “Media update for the week: saw on the...
- Posted May 6, 2014
Editorial: Amendment needed to save ‘government of the people’
Amerock developer legally gave Morrissey campaign $4,500 in contributions — moneyed influence, or a...
- Posted April 30, 2014
Editorial: Restoration means clear-cutting?
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Clear-cutting in the Winnebago County forest preserves violates...
- Posted April 2, 2014
Editorial: Time to give drug dealers the death penalty and life sentences
Philip Seymour Hoffman’s tragic death comes amid nationwide heroin/opiate epidemic By Brandon Reid Senior...
- Posted February 12, 2014
Editorial: ‘Come and knock on our door’: Time for Good Ol’ Boys Club to wake up — part 5 of 5
‘A Criminal’s Paradise: A County Without Consequences’ — part five of five Editor’s note:...
- Posted January 8, 2014
Editorial: Rockford: From ‘Screw Capital’ to drug capital — part 4 of 5
‘A Criminal’s Paradise: A County Without Consequences’ — part four of five Editor’s note:...
- Posted December 30, 2013
Editorial: Deer Super Santa
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher What I’d like for Christmas would take a...
- Posted December 23, 2013