- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Editorial: Forest Preserve District ignores questions about clear-cutting
• Rationalizing a tree massacre By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher In light of...
- Posted January 18, 2012
Editorial: Obama signs dangerous defense bill, despite reservations
By Richard S. Gubbe Contributing Writer While most of America was reveling in the...
- Posted January 4, 2012
Editorial: Do we still have rights? Not sure
By Richard S. Gubbe Contributing Writer The National Defense Spending Bill, with versions that...
- Posted December 21, 2011
Editorial: Down wind
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Several readers have asked why I haven’t been...
- Posted November 9, 2011
Editorial: Big apathy, labor, wind blows away quality of life
• Sinnissippi Audubon Society’s Conservationist of the Year Award and Atwood Award returned in...
- Posted September 14, 2011
Speak your mind on industrial wind complexes in northern Illinois
By Frank Schier Editor and Publisher Learn about the other side of wind at:...
- Posted July 6, 2011
Editorial: Windfall—wake-up film on wind
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Winnebago and Boone counties must fight against industrializing...
- Posted June 15, 2011
Editorial: Greenies, 2030 Plan fail first test
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher No matter how I hope green things seem...
- Posted May 25, 2011
Editorial: To bully or be rational?
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Note: This paper has a bias in favor...
- Posted May 18, 2011
Guest Editorial: Public notice law doesn’t need ‘modernizing’
Editor’s note: The following guest editorial is reprinted from The State Journal-Register in Springfield,...
- Posted March 2, 2011