- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Editorial: Forest Preserve District ignores questions about clear-cutting
• Rationalizing a tree massacre By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher In light of...
- Posted January 18, 2012
Editorial: Obama signs dangerous defense bill, despite reservations
By Richard S. Gubbe Contributing Writer While most of America was reveling in the...
- Posted January 4, 2012
Editorial: Do we still have rights? Not sure
By Richard S. Gubbe Contributing Writer The National Defense Spending Bill, with versions that...
- Posted December 21, 2011
Editorial: Down wind
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Several readers have asked why I haven’t been...
- Posted November 9, 2011
Editorial: Big apathy, labor, wind blows away quality of life
• Sinnissippi Audubon Society’s Conservationist of the Year Award and Atwood Award returned in...
- Posted September 14, 2011
Speak your mind on industrial wind complexes in northern Illinois
By Frank Schier Editor and Publisher Learn about the other side of wind at:...
- Posted July 6, 2011
Editorial: Windfall—wake-up film on wind
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Winnebago and Boone counties must fight against industrializing...
- Posted June 15, 2011
Editorial: Greenies, 2030 Plan fail first test
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher No matter how I hope green things seem...
- Posted May 25, 2011
Editorial: To bully or be rational?
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Note: This paper has a bias in favor...
- Posted May 18, 2011
Guest Editorial: Public notice law doesn’t need ‘modernizing’
Editor’s note: The following guest editorial is reprinted from The State Journal-Register in Springfield,...
- Posted March 2, 2011