- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Editorial: Ron Paul speaks out, wants to repeal part of Defense Authorization Act
By Richard S. Gubbe Contributing Writer Republican presidential candidate U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas,...
- Posted February 1, 2012
Editorial: Forest Preserve District ignores questions about clear-cutting
• Rationalizing a tree massacre By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher In light of...
- Posted January 18, 2012
Editorial: Obama signs dangerous defense bill, despite reservations
By Richard S. Gubbe Contributing Writer While most of America was reveling in the...
- Posted January 4, 2012
Editorial: Do we still have rights? Not sure
By Richard S. Gubbe Contributing Writer The National Defense Spending Bill, with versions that...
- Posted December 21, 2011
Editorial: Down wind
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Several readers have asked why I haven’t been...
- Posted November 9, 2011
Editorial: Big apathy, labor, wind blows away quality of life
• Sinnissippi Audubon Society’s Conservationist of the Year Award and Atwood Award returned in...
- Posted September 14, 2011
Speak your mind on industrial wind complexes in northern Illinois
By Frank Schier Editor and Publisher Learn about the other side of wind at:...
- Posted July 6, 2011
Editorial: Windfall—wake-up film on wind
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Winnebago and Boone counties must fight against industrializing...
- Posted June 15, 2011
Editorial: Greenies, 2030 Plan fail first test
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher No matter how I hope green things seem...
- Posted May 25, 2011
Editorial: To bully or be rational?
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Note: This paper has a bias in favor...
- Posted May 18, 2011