- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Speak your mind on industrial wind complexes in northern Illinois
By Frank Schier Editor and Publisher Learn about the other side of wind at:...
- Posted July 6, 2011
Editorial: Windfall—wake-up film on wind
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Winnebago and Boone counties must fight against industrializing...
- Posted June 15, 2011
Editorial: Greenies, 2030 Plan fail first test
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher No matter how I hope green things seem...
- Posted May 25, 2011
Editorial: To bully or be rational?
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Note: This paper has a bias in favor...
- Posted May 18, 2011
Guest Editorial: Public notice law doesn’t need ‘modernizing’
Editor’s note: The following guest editorial is reprinted from The State Journal-Register in Springfield,...
- Posted March 2, 2011
Editorial: ‘CAPITALIZE’—Give ‘Buy Local’ a good ‘kick off’
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher It’s time to for the “kick off” of...
- Posted January 12, 2011
Editorial: The responsibility of credible reporting and the public trust
By Joe McGehee Staff Writer and Frank Schier Editor & Publisher WNTA’s posting of...
- Posted November 24, 2010
Editorial: Public must take stand in battle for unflattering letter
Elected school board stands by as District 205 uses taxpayer money to snub its...
- Posted November 3, 2010
Editorial: State of the River District still uncertain
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher After the emergency meeting of the River District...
- Posted September 15, 2010
Editorial: River District falls down
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Late Tuesday afternoon, Aug. 31, Bill Morrissey of...
- Posted September 1, 2010