- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
More Guest Columns
Guest Column: ‘Unfettered expansion of large livestock operations’ a threat to tourism, public health
Editor’s note (from Frank Schier, editor and publisher of The Rock River Times and...
- Posted August 6, 2014
Lee Hamilton: Why incumbents keep getting re-elected
By Lee H. Hamilton It’s no news that Congress is unpopular. In fact, at...
- Posted July 29, 2014
Guest Column: Beware: GBE would create health risks
By Jeanette Carothers In light of the ongoing concern with Clean Line Energy Partners,...
- Posted July 23, 2014
Whose right is it to cover state government?
By Mark Lisheron Watchdog.org Readers of the Capital Times in Madison, Wis., had to be wondering...
- Posted July 21, 2014
Guest Column: Friends of Central Sands’ CAFO battle in fourth year
Editor’s note: The following is from an e-mail update from Bob Clarke of Friends...
- Posted July 16, 2014
Lee Hamilton: Are we doomed to polarization?
By Lee H. Hamilton We Americans are trapped in a political dilemma. We all...
- Posted July 11, 2014
Guest Column: Why I didn’t vote in the last election
By John Russell Ghrist Basically, I consider myself a good person. I pay my...
- Posted July 9, 2014
Guest Column: Be your own architect of change
By Jane Hayes Dr. Robert Head, esteemed leader of Rockford University, was the featured...
- Posted July 2, 2014
Lee Hamilton: The lesson Congress should learn from the VA scandal
By Lee H. Hamilton Like other federal scandals before it, the mess involving VA...
- Posted June 26, 2014
Guest Column: Children and cars: Let’s work together to save our children
By Penny Lentz Safe Kids Winnebago County Coalition Coordinator Fatal distraction: How can someone...
- Posted June 25, 2014