- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
More Meet John Doe
Meet John Doe: Costs of disposal, impact on environment must be included in the cost of new products
By Paul Gorski This column is in response to “Technological assessment is needed” by...
- Posted January 7, 2015
Meet John Doe: Local residents to vote on anti-corruption question this April
By Paul Gorski Local residents are taking aim on political corruption in 2015. Members...
- Posted December 31, 2014
Meet John Doe: Wake up and share that Christmas spirit, you’re the hope of the world
By Paul Gorski The name of this column is taken from the movie Meet...
- Posted December 23, 2014
Meet John Doe: Promote campaign finance reform beyond social media in 2015
By Paul Gorski I had a huge writer’s block this week. What could I...
- Posted December 17, 2014
Meet John Doe: Join Nippon Sharyo workers in their Show of Solidarity in Rochelle Dec. 11
By Paul Gorski Employees at the Nippon Sharyo plant in Rochelle, Illinois, have been...
- Posted December 9, 2014
Meet John Doe: My wish for 2015 is a coordinated regional economic development plan
By Paul Gorski My early New Year wish is for the local governments and...
- Posted December 3, 2014
Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
By Paul Gorski This article is in response to the news story “Rockford Areal...
- Posted November 25, 2014
Meet John Doe: Elections results, and congratulations to Mullins and Caruana
By Paul Gorski I plan to discuss the recent local election results, but first,...
- Posted November 19, 2014
Meet John Doe:Does IDOT want to pave over Rockton?
By Paul Gorski This article is in response to: “Guest Column: IDOT to fundamentally...
- Posted November 12, 2014
Meet John Doe: Humans are causing climate change: debate over
By Paul Gorski Obviously, the debate on climate change is not over, but a...
- Posted November 5, 2014