- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
More Meet John Doe
Meet John Doe: How to write your politician a letter or e-mail
By Paul Gorski I received a few e-mails the past few weeks asking for...
- Posted April 29, 2014
Meet John Doe: Metra rail is the next goal, now that Amtrak is on the way
By Paul Gorski Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn (D) recently announced Amtrak service to Rockford...
- Posted April 23, 2014
Meet John Doe: Amtrak is coming in 2015, but regular rides to Chicago are available now
By Paul Gorski Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn (D) recently announced long-awaited Amtrak service to...
- Posted April 16, 2014
Meet John Doe: Attend the Building Trades Career Expo April 28-May 1
By Paul Gorski Attend the Building Trades Career Expo April 28-May 1 The Northwestern...
- Posted April 9, 2014
Meet John Doe: Justifying city investments in a hotel, sports facility
By Paul Gorski How does investing in a new sports facility and a new...
- Posted April 2, 2014
Meet John Doe: Tax abatements are not effective tools for long-term economic growth
By Paul Gorski Local governments offer tax abatements to businesses with the hope of...
- Posted March 26, 2014
Meet John Doe: TIF districts are not working for us
By Paul Gorski Local tax increment financing (TIF) districts are failing because property values...
- Posted March 18, 2014
Meet John Doe: Vote early, vote now
By Paul Gorski There’s a joke about a Chicago native, having retired in Florida,...
- Posted March 12, 2014
Meet John Doe: Sheriff’s race: Will the real Democrats and Republicans please stand up?
By Paul Gorski What is going on in the race for Winnebago County sheriff?...
- Posted February 25, 2014
Meet John Doe: Transform Rockford should bring back the Junior Achievement program
By Paul Gorski First, I thank Mike Schablaske, executive director of Transform Rockford (TR),...
- Posted February 18, 2014