- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
More Meet John Doe
Meet John Doe: Celebrate the Fourth of July by exercising your rights
By Paul Gorski The Fourth of July is a time for many of us...
- Posted July 2, 2014
Meet John Doe: Use smart search tools for real research and fact-finding
By Paul Gorski I prefer using authoritative sources and or peer-reviewed studies to support...
- Posted June 26, 2014
Meet John Doe: Climate change is not global warming, and neither are hoaxes
By Paul Gorski I am writing this article with the global climate change naysayer...
- Posted June 18, 2014
Meet John Doe: Keep Cherry Valley School open
By Paul Gorski This article is in response to Eve Kirk’s “Guest Column: Proposed...
- Posted June 10, 2014
Meet John Doe: Sign up for ‘Paws to Read’ summer reading programs at local libraries
By Paul Gorski Enroll your children in a “Paws to Read,” or similar, summer...
- Posted June 4, 2014
Meet John Doe: Save Schnucks on Rural Street
By Paul Gorski The planned closing of the Schnucks grocery stores on Rural and...
- Posted May 27, 2014
Meet John Doe: Rockford voters should stand up and be heard
By Paul Gorski I feel a sense of voter apathy in the Rockford region....
- Posted May 20, 2014
Meet John Doe: Code for Rockford making sense out of local data
By Paul Gorski EIGERlab (http://www.eigerlab.org/) established an “Information Technology Roundtable and Code for Rockford”...
- Posted May 15, 2014
Meet John Doe: Money is not speech, petition for constitutional amendment
By Paul Gorski Three U.S. Supreme Court rulings essentially proclaim “Money is speech” when...
- Posted May 7, 2014
Meet John Doe: How to write your politician a letter or e-mail
By Paul Gorski I received a few e-mails the past few weeks asking for...
- Posted April 29, 2014