- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
More Meet John Doe
Meet John Doe: Tea Partiers finally have a candidate for governor
By Paul Gorski I am an advocate for fair, equal ballot access. Independent and...
- Posted October 15, 2014
Meet John Doe: Citizens Utility Board helps Illinois consumers save billions in utility bill and rate hike cuts
By Paul Gorski The Illinois Citizens Utility Board (CUB) was created in 1983 as...
- Posted October 8, 2014
Meet John Doe: Illinois’ minimum wage ballot question will bring voters to the polls
By Paul Gorski Illinois voters are being asked this November: “Shall the minimum wage...
- Posted September 30, 2014
Meet John Doe: Register to vote, then vote early!
By Paul Gorski Our next election day is Tuesday, Nov. 4. Please vote and...
- Posted September 24, 2014
Meet John Doe: Making local political appointments
By Paul Gorski I was recently honored by being interviewed to fill the vacancy...
- Posted September 16, 2014
Meet John Doe: Traits and values I am looking for in our elected officials
By Paul Gorski We have examples of good politicians here in Winnebago County. Yes,...
- Posted September 10, 2014
Meet John Doe: Increase sales with advertising in ‘The Rock River Times’
Editor’s note: The following is an unsolicited testimonial about the advantages of advertising in...
- Posted September 3, 2014
Meet John Doe: Labor unions gave us Labor Day and longer life spans
By Paul Gorski According to the U.S. Department of Labor website, http://www.dol.gov/laborday/history.htm: “Labor Day,...
- Posted August 27, 2014
Meet John Doe: Local legislators should work with each other across party lines
By Paul Gorski Our local state representatives and senators not only work to pass...
- Posted August 19, 2014
Meet John Doe: Take control of your local government and vote in the November election
By Paul Gorski Please vote this fall — do not let a small group...
- Posted August 13, 2014