- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
By Paul Gorski Should you upgrade to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite? Maybe. The upgrade does...
Tech-Friendly: Moto G LTE is a great entry-level Android phone and is available at U.S. Cellular and AT&T
By Paul Gorski The Moto G LTE is a great entry-level Android 4.4 KitKat smartphone and...
By Paul Gorski Microsoft recently announced Windows 10 and released a technical preview version of the...
Tech-Friendly: Bending iPhones and iOS 8.0.2 update
By Paul Gorski I was trying to avoid another Apple Inc.-centric column this week....
- Posted September 30, 2014
Tech-Friendly: I am not wowed by iOS 8
By Paul Gorski iOS 8 is Apple Inc.’s most recent update to its popular...
- Posted September 23, 2014
Tech-Friendly: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in stores Friday, Sept. 19
By Paul Gorski Apple, Inc., rolled out the much-anticipated iPhone 6 last week, announcing...
- Posted September 16, 2014
Tech-Friendly: Join an Apple user group to learn more about your Mac, iPad and iPhone
By Paul Gorski Long before Apple had Genius Bars for friendly Mac advice, there...
- Posted September 9, 2014
Tech-Friendly: Should I upgrade my Mac OS X? Part two
By Paul Gorski I have received a number of e-mails regarding “Tech-Friendly: Should I...
- Posted September 2, 2014
Tech-Friendly: Should I upgrade my Mac OS X?
By Paul Gorski Reader Nicole Montgomery asked for my opinion whether she should upgrade...
- Posted August 26, 2014
Tech-Friendly: Use HTTPS Everywhere with Firefox for more secure browsing
By Paul Gorski HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox extension that encrypts the data shared...
- Posted August 19, 2014