- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
By Paul Gorski Apple, Inc., rolled out the much-anticipated iPhone 6 last week, announcing that the...
By Paul Gorski Long before Apple had Genius Bars for friendly Mac advice, there were Macintosh...
By Paul Gorski I have received a number of e-mails regarding “Tech-Friendly: Should I upgrade my...
Tech-Friendly: Should I upgrade my Mac OS X?
By Paul Gorski Reader Nicole Montgomery asked for my opinion whether she should upgrade...
- Posted August 26, 2014
Tech-Friendly: Use HTTPS Everywhere with Firefox for more secure browsing
By Paul Gorski HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox extension that encrypts the data shared...
- Posted August 19, 2014
Tech-Friendly: Review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 tablet from U.S. Cellular
By Paul Gorski U.S. Cellular (USC) recently began selling the new Samsung Galaxy Tab...
- Posted August 12, 2014
Tech-Friendly: U.S. Cellular launches Moto G LTE smartphone and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 tablet
By Paul Gorski U.S. Cellular (USC) recently started selling the new Motorola Moto G...
- Posted August 5, 2014
Tech-Friendly: Read the full print version of ‘The Rock River Times’ as a page flip document on Issuu.com
By Paul Gorski The new Rock River Times website (http://www.rockrivertimes.com) is easy to read...
- Posted July 29, 2014
Tech-Friendly: Use Polishmywriting.com to check your writing for style, spelling and grammar errors
By Paul Gorski Polishmywriting.com is a free, online service that allows to you check...
- Posted July 24, 2014
Tech-Friendly: Research tools and peer-review find my error and clarify the state representative appointment process
By Paul Gorski I have wanted to write a follow-up to my recent column...
- Posted July 16, 2014