- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Mr. Green Car
More Mr. Green Car
Mr. Green Car: Bits and pieces: Safety, diesel, weight and winter driving
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer This week, I don’t have one big topic to...
- Posted November 13, 2013
Mr. Green Car: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek: Comfortable and affordable
By Allen Penticoff Freelance Writer Regular readers of this column may note that I...
- Posted October 30, 2013
Mr. Green Car: General Motors’ green policy
By Allen Penticoff Freelance Writer When I recently tested the diminutive Chevy Spark, I...
- Posted October 16, 2013
Mr. Green Car: Tiny Chevy Spark a true ‘city car’
By Allen Penticoff Freelance Writer Mr. Green Car is back with another small-car test/review....
- Posted October 2, 2013
Mr. Green Car: Electric shock drowning — the bad combination of water and electricity
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer I write about all sorts of transportation-related issues, most...
- Posted August 28, 2013
Mr. Green Car: Natural gas power in Rockford
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer It has been several years since I test-drove a...
- Posted August 14, 2013
Mr. Green Car: Kia Optima Hybrid offers luxury in the low $30,000s
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer I’m back from a little hiatus of writing car...
- Posted July 31, 2013