- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
More Fast Lane
Mr. Green Car: Kia Optima Hybrid offers luxury in the low $30,000s
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer I’m back from a little hiatus of writing car...
- Posted July 31, 2013
Mr. Green Car: ‘Mr. Green Car’ visits New York City
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer My wife, Ruth, and I recently spent a couple...
- Posted June 12, 2013
Energy Department launches site comparing electric vs. gasoline
Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Energy Department recently launched the “eGallon” — a...
- Posted June 12, 2013
Mr. Green Car: Why all hybrids have regenerative braking
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer In any review or brochure of hybrid vehicles you...
- Posted May 29, 2013
Two-thirds of U.S. drivers support increased federal funding for road improvements
Online Staff Report Sixty-two percent of U.S. motorists believe the federal government should invest...
- Posted May 1, 2013
Ford Fusion Hybrid — a look at the ‘Green Car of the Year’
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer The 2013 Ford Fusion (sticker price of $29,890) was...
- Posted April 17, 2013
Mr. Green Car: What’s driving you? — part four, all-wheel-drive
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer This is the fourth in a four-part series on...
- Posted March 20, 2013
Mr. Green Car: What’s driving you? — part three, four-wheel-drive
Editor’s note: The following is part three in a series. Part one, “What’s driving...
- Posted March 6, 2013
Mr. Green Car: What’s driving you? — part two, front-wheel drive
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer In the previous Mr. Green Car (Feb. 6-12 issue),...
- Posted February 20, 2013
Mr. Green Car: What’s driving you?
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer I’ve noticed that there are a great many more...
- Posted February 6, 2013