- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
More Fast Lane
Mr. Green Car: Kia Optima Hybrid offers luxury in the low $30,000s
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer I’m back from a little hiatus of writing car...
- Posted July 31, 2013
Mr. Green Car: ‘Mr. Green Car’ visits New York City
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer My wife, Ruth, and I recently spent a couple...
- Posted June 12, 2013
Energy Department launches site comparing electric vs. gasoline
Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Energy Department recently launched the “eGallon” — a...
- Posted June 12, 2013
Mr. Green Car: Why all hybrids have regenerative braking
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer In any review or brochure of hybrid vehicles you...
- Posted May 29, 2013
Two-thirds of U.S. drivers support increased federal funding for road improvements
Online Staff Report Sixty-two percent of U.S. motorists believe the federal government should invest...
- Posted May 1, 2013
Ford Fusion Hybrid — a look at the ‘Green Car of the Year’
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer The 2013 Ford Fusion (sticker price of $29,890) was...
- Posted April 17, 2013
Mr. Green Car: What’s driving you? — part four, all-wheel-drive
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer This is the fourth in a four-part series on...
- Posted March 20, 2013
Mr. Green Car: What’s driving you? — part three, four-wheel-drive
Editor’s note: The following is part three in a series. Part one, “What’s driving...
- Posted March 6, 2013
Mr. Green Car: What’s driving you? — part two, front-wheel drive
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer In the previous Mr. Green Car (Feb. 6-12 issue),...
- Posted February 20, 2013
Mr. Green Car: What’s driving you?
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer I’ve noticed that there are a great many more...
- Posted February 6, 2013