- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
More Fish Beat
Fish Beat: Northern pike and the late season rush
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer In the Midwest, fall often approaches quickly. The morning...
- Posted September 30, 2009
Fish Beat: A good hook matters
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer With a nice fall on the horizon, there is...
- Posted September 16, 2009
Fish Beat: Nailing white bass with flies
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer White bass, the state fish of Oklahoma, belong to...
- Posted September 9, 2009
Fishing locally for big bluegill
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer It’s true, to some extent: northern Illinois anglers are...
- Posted August 26, 2009
Fish Beat: Bluegill begin making return to shallow waters
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer With half of August gone, big bluegills are starting...
- Posted August 19, 2009
Fish Beat: Fishing heats up with temp increases
Anglers have been crossing their fingers in hopes fishing will recover from a weather-ridden...
- Posted August 12, 2009
Fish Beat: Temps hamper local fishing
It’s not often when temperatures reach 80 degrees at mid-day and breath-condensing conditions through...
- Posted August 5, 2009