- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
More Fish Beat
Fish Beat: Northern pike and the late season rush
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer In the Midwest, fall often approaches quickly. The morning...
- Posted September 30, 2009
Fish Beat: A good hook matters
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer With a nice fall on the horizon, there is...
- Posted September 16, 2009
Fish Beat: Nailing white bass with flies
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer White bass, the state fish of Oklahoma, belong to...
- Posted September 9, 2009
Fishing locally for big bluegill
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer It’s true, to some extent: northern Illinois anglers are...
- Posted August 26, 2009
Fish Beat: Bluegill begin making return to shallow waters
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer With half of August gone, big bluegills are starting...
- Posted August 19, 2009
Fish Beat: Fishing heats up with temp increases
Anglers have been crossing their fingers in hopes fishing will recover from a weather-ridden...
- Posted August 12, 2009
Fish Beat: Temps hamper local fishing
It’s not often when temperatures reach 80 degrees at mid-day and breath-condensing conditions through...
- Posted August 5, 2009