- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
More Fish Beat
Fish Beat: Northern pike and the late season rush
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer In the Midwest, fall often approaches quickly. The morning...
- Posted September 30, 2009
Fish Beat: A good hook matters
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer With a nice fall on the horizon, there is...
- Posted September 16, 2009
Fish Beat: Nailing white bass with flies
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer White bass, the state fish of Oklahoma, belong to...
- Posted September 9, 2009
Fishing locally for big bluegill
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer It’s true, to some extent: northern Illinois anglers are...
- Posted August 26, 2009
Fish Beat: Bluegill begin making return to shallow waters
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer With half of August gone, big bluegills are starting...
- Posted August 19, 2009
Fish Beat: Fishing heats up with temp increases
Anglers have been crossing their fingers in hopes fishing will recover from a weather-ridden...
- Posted August 12, 2009
Fish Beat: Temps hamper local fishing
It’s not often when temperatures reach 80 degrees at mid-day and breath-condensing conditions through...
- Posted August 5, 2009