- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
More Fish Beat
Fish Beat: Northern pike and the late season rush
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer In the Midwest, fall often approaches quickly. The morning...
- Posted September 30, 2009
Fish Beat: A good hook matters
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer With a nice fall on the horizon, there is...
- Posted September 16, 2009
Fish Beat: Nailing white bass with flies
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer White bass, the state fish of Oklahoma, belong to...
- Posted September 9, 2009
Fishing locally for big bluegill
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer It’s true, to some extent: northern Illinois anglers are...
- Posted August 26, 2009
Fish Beat: Bluegill begin making return to shallow waters
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer With half of August gone, big bluegills are starting...
- Posted August 19, 2009
Fish Beat: Fishing heats up with temp increases
Anglers have been crossing their fingers in hopes fishing will recover from a weather-ridden...
- Posted August 12, 2009
Fish Beat: Temps hamper local fishing
It’s not often when temperatures reach 80 degrees at mid-day and breath-condensing conditions through...
- Posted August 5, 2009