- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
More Fish Beat
Fish Beat: Northern pike and the late season rush
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer In the Midwest, fall often approaches quickly. The morning...
- Posted September 30, 2009
Fish Beat: A good hook matters
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer With a nice fall on the horizon, there is...
- Posted September 16, 2009
Fish Beat: Nailing white bass with flies
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer White bass, the state fish of Oklahoma, belong to...
- Posted September 9, 2009
Fishing locally for big bluegill
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer It’s true, to some extent: northern Illinois anglers are...
- Posted August 26, 2009
Fish Beat: Bluegill begin making return to shallow waters
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer With half of August gone, big bluegills are starting...
- Posted August 19, 2009
Fish Beat: Fishing heats up with temp increases
Anglers have been crossing their fingers in hopes fishing will recover from a weather-ridden...
- Posted August 12, 2009
Fish Beat: Temps hamper local fishing
It’s not often when temperatures reach 80 degrees at mid-day and breath-condensing conditions through...
- Posted August 5, 2009