- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
More Nation & World
Nationwide unemployment rate drops from 8.3 percent to 8.2 percent in March
Online Staff Report The nationwide unemployment rate fell from 8.3 percent in February to...
- Posted April 6, 2012
AccuWeather: How rare were the April 3 Dallas tornadoes?
By Meghan Evans AccuWeather.com Meteorologist STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — AccuWeather.com meteorologists watched with dismay...
- Posted April 5, 2012
Environment Illinois: New report on weather-related disasters shows need for carbon pollution regulation
By Environment Illinois CHICAGO — After a year that saw many parts of the...
- Posted April 5, 2012
Durbin backs legislation aimed at rehabbing houses and businesses abandoned because of foreclosure
Online Staff Report In an effort to stabilize neighborhoods, rehab vacant and foreclosed homes...
- Posted April 4, 2012
AccuWeather: Warmest March ever for cities in more than 25 states
By Kristina Pydynowski AccuWeather.com Meteorologist STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — AccuWeather.com reports March 2012 is...
- Posted April 2, 2012
Earth Hour March 31 encourages ‘lights out’ from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. in support of environment
Online Staff Report Earth Hour is a global initiative that invites individuals, businesses, governments...
- Posted March 30, 2012
AT&T, Verizon to prohibit third-party ‘cramming’ charges
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan commended two national telephone...
- Posted March 29, 2012
‘Loopholes for Sale: Campaign Contributions by corporate tax dodgers’
• Thirty companies contribute $41 million to 524 members of congress, receive $10.6 billion...
- Posted March 28, 2012
Obama administration aims to set carbon pollution standards for new power plants
By Environment Illinois CHICAGO — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed March 27...
- Posted March 27, 2012
Report: Affordable Care Act making health coverage more accessible to young adults
Online Staff Report Prior to passage of the Affordable Care Act, young adults were...
- Posted March 22, 2012