- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
More Nation & World
Forest growth in North outpacing rest of country
Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Forest Service scientists released an assessment March 12...
- Posted March 21, 2012
Student debt crisis: Madigan says costs will ‘produce a generation of students saddled with crushing debt’
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan (D) testified in...
- Posted March 20, 2012
AccuWeather: More than 1,200 record highs set in the U.S. as warm spring temperatures persist
By Meghan Evans AccuWeather.com Meteorologist STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — AccuWeather.com reports more than 1,200...
- Posted March 16, 2012
National foreclosure settlement filed in federal court
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan urged distressed borrowers to...
- Posted March 12, 2012
AccuWeather: Warmest spring in years to fuel active severe weather
By AccuWeather.com STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — AccuWeather.com reports an active severe weather season is...
- Posted March 8, 2012
Large tornado outbreak swarm expected Friday, March 2
By AccuWeather.com STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — AccuWeather.com reports tornadoes are forecast to swarm Friday,...
- Posted March 1, 2012
Health care fraud efforts result in record-breaking recoveries
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and Department of...
- Posted February 15, 2012
January 2012 ranks as one of top five warmest ever
By John Marsh AccuWeather.com STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — A report from the National Oceanic...
- Posted February 9, 2012
$25 billion settlement reached with nation’s five largest bank mortgage servicers
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan joined with her...
- Posted February 9, 2012
Santorum’s Feb. 7 sweep gives him most states, momentum in gearing up for Super Tuesday
Online Staff Report Following his Feb. 7 sweep of Colorado, Minnesota and Missouri, former...
- Posted February 8, 2012