- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
More Nation & World
Chicago’s NATO costs still being tabulated
By Jayette Bolinski and Stephanie Fryer Illinois Statehouse News CHICAGO — It’s been more...
- Posted June 28, 2012
Regardless of Supreme Court ruling on ‘Obamacare,’ health care costs going up
By Andrew Thomason Illinois Statehouse News SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Listening to experts and advocates...
- Posted June 27, 2012
Madigan, states announce settlement over deceptive exploitation of veterans’ education benefits
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan (D) joined several...
- Posted June 27, 2012
Nonprofit citizens’ organization takes on dairy in court
By Susan Johnson Copy Editor A nonprofit citizens’ environmental organization is taking on a...
- Posted June 13, 2012
House passes bill co-authored by Manzullo that would reform trade promotion efforts
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. House of Representatives unanimously approved legislation...
- Posted May 31, 2012
Protesters to confront Bilderberg Group meeting in Virginia
Staff Report CHANTILLY, Va. — A secret meeting of approximately 100-150 elite politicians, financiers...
- Posted May 30, 2012
Madigan, states urge Congress to stop for-profit colleges’ exploitation of veterans’ educational benefits
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan (D) and her counterparts...
- Posted May 29, 2012
U.S. Rep. Kinzinger, U.S. Sen. Warner request additional information regarding safety of F-22 Raptor
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Sen. Mark R. Warner, D-Va., and U.S....
- Posted May 11, 2012
Obama’s support of same-sex marriage sets stage in race against Romney
Online Staff Report With the Nov. 6 general election six months away, President Barack...
- Posted May 10, 2012
Illinois receives $20 million in landmark settlement with Abbott Labs for off-label marketing of Depakote
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan (D) joined her federal...
- Posted May 7, 2012