- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
More Nation & World
Tyson Fresh Meats to pay $2.25 million to settle sex discrimination cases with U.S. Labor Department
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal...
- Posted September 20, 2011
Each Illinois wind job costs taxpayers $8 million
By Carolyn K. Gerwin A study of enterprise zone reports obtained from the Illinois...
- Posted September 7, 2011
Obama administration fails to update air quality standards
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Sept. 2, the Barack Obama administration announced it will...
- Posted September 5, 2011
U.S. Labor Department proposes updates to child labor regulations to improve safety of young ag workers
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Department of Labor is proposing revisions...
- Posted September 2, 2011
$4.3 million spent on U.S. Postal Service employees who did nothing, according to audit
Online Staff Report The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) spent $4.3 million on employees who...
- Posted August 29, 2011
Poll shows Americans believe country doing badly, economy getting worse and debt-limit bill ‘benefits the rich’
Online Staff Report A CNN poll released Aug. 8 showed 75 percent believe the...
- Posted August 8, 2011
Manzullo: Bill to end debt crisis ‘far from perfect,’ but will cut spending, strengthen economy
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo, R-16, voted Aug. 1...
- Posted August 2, 2011
National unemployment rate little changed at 9.2 percent in June
Online Staff Report The national unemployment rate was little changed in June, up 18,000...
- Posted July 8, 2011
Radon gas identified as a leading cause of cancer
Staff Report The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the General Services Administration, and the departments...
- Posted July 6, 2011
New Department of Homeland Security-certified course coming to Rockford
Staff Report Assessing the risk to individuals, property and resources within a community is...
- Posted July 6, 2011