- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
More Local News
Confirmed cases of pertussis at Rolling Green, Swan Hillman elementary schools
Online Staff Report A letter was sent home this week to families at Rolling...
- Posted November 21, 2013
317 Studio & Gallery provides update on health of Tom Littrell
Editor’s note: 317 Studio & Gallery, 317 Market St., Rockford provided the following update...
- Posted November 20, 2013
Power restored to more than 90 percent of 200,000 hit by Nov. 17 storm
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Following fast-moving storms that ripped through northern Illinois Sunday,...
- Posted November 18, 2013
Former Winnebago County sergeant enters race for sheriff
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer A retired veteran of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department...
- Posted November 12, 2013
Stadelman bill offers incentives to rehab Singer, other vacant buildings
Online Staff Report SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — The vacant Singer Mental Health Center on Rockford’s...
- Posted November 8, 2013
‘Holiday Happenings’ at the Ethnic Heritage Museum in November
Online Staff Report Join Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., to celebrate...
- Posted October 31, 2013
Study shows how factory farms skirt liability
Staff Report A study published in the peer-reviewed journal Rural Sociology documents the pollution...
- Posted October 30, 2013
317 Studio & Gallery calls for prayers for artist Tom Littrell, who is suffering from rare cancer
Editor’s note: The following was sent via e-mail Oct. 27 by 317 Studio &...
- Posted October 28, 2013
Madigan urges participation in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day Oct. 26
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan (D) is urging Illinois...
- Posted October 25, 2013
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K walk Oct. 19 at Martin Park
Online Staff Report LOVES PARK, Ill. — The American Cancer Society Making Strides Against...
- Posted October 18, 2013