- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
More Nation & World
38 journalism groups urge president to stop excessive controls on public information
Online Staff Report INDIANAPOLIS — Thirty-eight journalism and open government groups have called on...
- Posted July 10, 2014
AAA: More than 40 million Americans to take an Independence Day getaway
Online Staff Report AURORA, Ill. — AAA Travel projects 41 million Americans will journey...
- Posted June 26, 2014
Proposed rule would raise minimum wage for federal contract workers
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — Fulfilling President Barack Obama’s commitment to make 2014...
- Posted June 12, 2014
Study: 70 percent of Fortune 500 companies used tax havens in 2013
Online Staff Report Tax loopholes encouraged more than 70 percent of Fortune 500 companies...
- Posted June 5, 2014
$105 million settlement reached with GlaxoSmithKline over unlawful promotion of Advair, Paxil and Wellbutrin
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan (D) announced a $105...
- Posted June 4, 2014
Bustos responds to Shinseki resignation
Online Staff Report Today, U.S. Rep. Cheri Bustos, D-Ill., released the following statement on...
- Posted May 30, 2014
Ernie Pyle World War II Museum launches national fund-raising campaign
Online Staff Report The Ernie Pyle World War II Museum is launching a nationwide...
- Posted May 30, 2014
CAFO update from Friends of the Central Sands
Editor’s note: The following is from an e-mail update from Bob Clarke of Friends...
- Posted May 28, 2014
Kinzinger votes for U.S. waterway bill
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Channahon, Wednesday, May 21,...
- Posted May 21, 2014
Guest Column: Long overdue action to protect taxpayer money
By Cheri Bustos Member of Congress Every year, report after report is cranked out...
- Posted May 12, 2014