- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simons as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Weekly NFL Predictions
By Jeff Helberg The Odds Man Quarterback questions are keeping Vegas from opening lines for Arizona...
By Doug Halberstadt Sports Columnist It’s the bye week for the Chicago Bears and the Green...
By Jeff Helberg The Odds Man The Odds Man through Week 7 Week 7 Straight up:...
More Weekly NFL Predictions
Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
By Doug Halberstadt Sports Columnist The defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks are a...
- Posted October 22, 2014
The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
Editor’s note: The following game predictions were posted after the New England Patriots defeated...
- Posted October 17, 2014
Week 7 NFL picks: Wins for Bears, Packers and Lions
By Doug Halberstadt Sports Columnist I’m happy the Bears beat the Falcons last week....
- Posted October 15, 2014
The Odds Man: NFL oddsmakers holding back in Week 6
By Jeff Helberg The Odds Man Pro football oddsmakers are slamming lines shut as the...
- Posted October 9, 2014
Week 6 NFL picks: Bears not good enough in second half to keep up with Falcons
By Doug Halberstadt Sports Columnist Making my weekly picks is far more enjoyable following...
- Posted October 8, 2014
The Odds Man: Home teams to dominate Week 5
By Jeff Helberg The Odds Man Week 4 results Week 4 Straight Up: 7-6...
- Posted October 2, 2014
Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
By Doug Halberstadt Sports Columnist With one-fourth of their regular-season schedule complete, the Bears,...
- Posted October 1, 2014