- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
More Literary Hook
Literary Hook: Why we need to stay positive and hopeful despite obstacles
By Christine Swanberg Author and Poet This poem was written at Centrum Center for...
- Posted October 13, 2009
Literary Hook: A simple poem about a ‘Cottage by the Sea’
By Christine Swanberg Author and Poet Today, I am looking forward to another residency...
- Posted October 7, 2009
Literary Hook: A morning meditation poem to start off October
By Christine Swanberg Author and Poet Haven’t we had a beautiful, cool and lush...
- Posted September 30, 2009
Literary Hook: ‘The circle is unbroken’: The ’60s in our 60s
By Christine Swanberg Author and Poet When President Obama first took office, no one...
- Posted September 23, 2009
Literary Hook: Poem offers a recipe for living
By Christine Swanberg Author and Poet Here’s a poem by Judy Janke, who was...
- Posted September 16, 2009
Literary Hook: ‘Aunt Christine’s Orgasmic Salad’
By Christine Swanberg Author and Poet As the summer season gives way to the...
- Posted September 2, 2009
Literary Hook: A poem about discovering a place all your own
By Christine Swanberg Author and Poet As summer begins to wane, many of us...
- Posted August 19, 2009
Literary Hook: Time to slow down and savor life
Summer is beginning to wane. The pleasures of the season linger just a little...
- Posted August 12, 2009
Here is a poem by Cleo Johnson, a retired primary school teacher from Rockford....
- Posted July 29, 2009
Literary Hook: Learn how to bring invigoration to your poetry Aug. 22
Last week, we looked at a one-day writing course at The Clearing in Ellison...
- Posted July 23, 2009