- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
All posts tagged "Ramblings from Reggie"
Ramblings from Reggie: An open letter to the Illinois Tea Party movement
By Reggie Roberson Columnist After attending the last Rockford Tea Party event Monday, Oct. 25, I have some thoughts I would like to share. I believe the Tea Party movement has made a tremendous impact across the...
- Posted November 10, 2010
Ramblings from Reggie: Weed and seed?
By Reggie Roberson Columnist There seems to be a strong sentiment in this country to legalize the use of marijuana for medical purposes or general use. This question is not as simple as people think. The proponents...
- Posted November 3, 2010
Ramblings from Reggie: Politicians should be for people, not against
By Reggie Roberson Columnist The local, state and national politicians are all worrying and fighting about how to solve “their” budget problems. The same thinking that got them all into this problem is the same thinking that...
- Posted September 22, 2010
Ramblings from Reggie: As people and as Americans, we need to choose the high road
By Reggie Roberson Columnist Taking the high road in life is a difficult and rewarding journey. It is difficult because it is lonely. The high road is not well traveled, doesn’t offer a lot of conversation, and...
- Posted August 4, 2010
Ramblings from Reggie: Rockford schools in good hands under Sheffield
By Reggie Roberson Columnist Early in Rockford Public School District 205 Superintendent Dr. LaVonne Sheffield’s time in Rockford, I was hearing the naysayers and the “voices” that always seem to fight change in this (at times) dysfunctional...
- Posted May 19, 2010