- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
All posts tagged "Rock River Trail"
Visit Beloit to host Rock River Trail Initiative Workshop Nov. 22
Online Staff Report BELOIT, Wis. — Visit Beloit will host the first Rock River Trail Initiative Workshop from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, Nov. 22, at the Vision Center, 500 Public Ave., Beloit, Wis. The purpose...
- Posted November 21, 2013
National Park Service grants consultancy to the Rock River Trail
By Frank Schier Editor and Publisher Founder of the Rock River Trail The National Park Service’s Outdoor Education Planner for the Midwest Region’s River and Trails Program, Jeff Obirek, visited Winnebago County Aug. 25. He liked what...
- Posted September 8, 2010
Both Rock River Sweep and Pecatonica Cleanup postponed due to high water
New campsites and website features unveiled for the Rock River Trail; TRRT and County in Environmental Hall of Fame By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher What a week for the Rock River and its tributaries in Winnebago...
- Posted July 28, 2010
Editorial: New logo and U.S. path for Rock River Trail
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher The April 16 conference on creating the Rock River Trail was the first time in history all 10 counties on the river had gathered, and more history may be in the...
- Posted May 12, 2010
Rock River, nice neighbors
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher Meeting around water brings special blessings. All creation surrounds—air clouds float; wind whispers away; grasses, bushes, trees and buildings all weave the shore; little and big life crawls, ambles, swirls and...
- Posted April 21, 2010