- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
All posts tagged "Songs and Scenes"
RAMI announces 2013 scholarship recipients
Staff Report The Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) has announced the recipients of its Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship and Verne K. Smith Music Scholarship for 2013. Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Quinn David Furness, son of...
- Posted April 17, 2013
Songs and Scenes: iPods and the last stand of the liner notes
By Jonathan Hicks Staff Writer I gave away my age in last week’s Songs and Scenes. In a less direct fashion, I will do so again this week. For my birthday this year, I was given my...
- Posted August 25, 2010
Songs and Scenes: From radio to iPods–are we raising a new generation of rebels?
By Jonathan Hicks Staff Writer Children of the 1960s may not realize it, but in many circles, their kids grew up with the same “never trust anyone older than 30” attitude to which they clung. Many of...
- Posted August 18, 2010
Songs and Scenes: Heavy-drinking soccer moms trying to relive their youth can ruin any concert experience
By Jonathan Hicks Staff Writer I have been to nearly 400 concerts in my lifetime, with most of those trips occurring in the last 12 years. Just as in life, shows tend to be dynamic. Music, style,...
- Posted August 11, 2010
Songs and Scenes: Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean we should lower our standards
By Jonathan Hicks Staff Writer Summer is for stupid people. At least that is what I would assume if I only had popular “summer music” by which to judge. Let me explain. Katy Perry’s “California Gurls” is...
- Posted July 28, 2010