- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
All posts tagged "Style & Society"
Fashion Night Out 2010 March 19 at Kryptonite
From press release Lexy Charms Couture and Privileges Boutique will present Fashion Night Out 2010 from 8-10 p.m., Friday, March 19, at Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., Rockford. This is a fashion show featuring new and...
- Posted March 17, 2010
Elements of Style: Be the belle of the ball—not the walking disco ball
By Kristina Leftwich Staff Writer Find “the” dress. This deceptively simple mission is often fraught with endless dilemmas. Floor-sweeping gown or cocktail dress? Vibrant color, or subdued neutral? The complexities that simmer to the surface can send...
- Posted October 21, 2009
Elements of Style: Finding life’s greatest pleasures…on the clearance rack
By Kristina Leftwich Staff Writer Descending upon the bounty of the clearance rack is one of life’s greatest pleasures. The promises of buried treasure, of discovering that elusive thing that will make everything else in your repertoire...
- Posted October 13, 2009
Elements of Style: Wear the shoe of the life you were meant to live
The shoe is too often an afterthought. Its role in the fashion arsenal is sadly overlooked. The power to either dazzle or repel, all located at the tips of one’s toes, is nothing to be taken lightly....
- Posted July 29, 2009